Jenny Craig reviews

Options
I recently read that Jenny Craig is the second top diet behind weight watchers. I have never used Jenny but I am interested in learning more about the program. If you could tell me your experiences that would be great!

Replies

• melissajane83
    melissajane83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    my mom and I did it a few year ago together. It works really good but it gets expensive. Their food is pretty good too. I just couldn't afford to keep buying their meals.
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    You can probably guess what I' m going to say. I lost a ton of weight on it and then gained all of it and more back when I stopped. I'm not a fan of any operation where I don't eat real food and have to eat their fake food. It's expensive and the food isn't the healthiest.

What I disliked most about it is that the people who work there are sales associates. They really don't know much about nutrition and it's pretty easy to stump them with the simplest of questions.
  • luch14
    luch14 Posts: 2
    Options
    I joined Jenny at the end of February have so far lost 12.5 lbs, it is a slow weight loss I find but I do however like the pre-planned meals, no thinking involved. Believe me I have done every diet out there WW included and this is the only one that actually works for me. I am not disciplined enough for meal preps once you do stop you have to make sure you don't go back to your regular bad habits other wise you will gain it all back, but I guess that goes with any kind of weight loss plan. it does get very expensive though.
  • Wakeup2014
    Wakeup2014 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The food is very tasty but very expensive. The frozen items (which taste much better) cost more. The ladies who work at my centre are very pushy....expect to lose 1-2lb per week.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think it's a complete waste of money. You can easily make healthy meals at home for a fraction of the price and you know what is going into them.
  • WazzaRetz
    WazzaRetz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on it at the moment. This is my 3rd week. Lost 17lb in my first two weeks. The food is great. It's helping me. I've got a long way to go but I know that Jenny Craig will establish some new habits for me once I've reached my goal weight. Have got a lot more energy now. If you can afford it... I say go for it :-) My profile doesn't show much weight loss because I didn't start using this App til half way through my second week.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I've done Jenny Craig multiple times. The first time I was 18 and had a great counselor. I lost about 50 lbs, but as soon as I started eating regular food again, the weight came back on. It never taught me anything unfortunately.

It is also expensive, worked out to be like $400/month for just the pre-packaged foods and that didn't include veggies etc.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I did it a while ago and it was wildly expensive, especially considering we still have to buy "normal" food for my husband to eat. I didn't think the food was all that good either.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    luch14 wrote: »
    I joined Jenny at the end of February have so far lost 12.5 lbs, it is a slow weight loss I find but I do however like the pre-planned meals, no thinking involved. Believe me I have done every diet out there WW included and this is the only one that actually works for me. I am not disciplined enough for meal preps once you do stop you have to make sure you don't go back to your regular bad habits other wise you will gain it all back, but I guess that goes with any kind of weight loss plan. it does get very expensive though.

This exactly why people gain back the weight after they no longer can afford to pay the meals. Are you going to "not think" about what you put in your body for the rest of your life? And how do Jenny Craig helps you learn how not to go back to your old habits? She doesn't. You don't learn anything with pre-planned meals.
  • machubs
    machubs Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    10 years ago I lost 60 lbs. on jc. The food was yummy but got expensive. My problem was that I didn't really know how to cook proper meals (why jc worked so well for me) so when I started eating real food again it slowly came back. Make sure you follow the meals on your own which is supposed to help with the transition. I just never did.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I personally have never used Jenny Craig however my cousin has, 3 time so far in the past 25 years. She loses the weight (80-100 pounds), and gains it all right back when she stops. Her hubby and kid are healthy weights .
  • trying4real
    trying4real Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    In my office (all women) #1. is on Weight Watchers #2. is doing advocare #3. is doing jenny craig and #4. 2 ppl are doing calorie counting #5 is using victoza. Everyone is pretty much losing the same amount, soooo.....
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Save money and just learn to feed yourself the right foods. It is not that difficult.
  • MegJJ76
    MegJJ76 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Another dieter had the same concerns. I told her I was on JC for awhile, but didn't last long because of the prices. I was on WW later on and I liked it a bit better. It was more flexible, but I still hated that I was paying someone else to get healthy! Here's the 2015 price list for Jenny Craig, the costs have gone up since the last time I was a member.

http://www.bestdiettips.com/jenny-craig-food-prices
  • Jessicaisfree
    Jessicaisfree Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have done Jenny Craig a couple of times and I liked the convenience of having someone else meal plan for me. It helped me to bust out of the rut I was in at the time.

I've also "copied" their formula for weight loss: eat 6x per day, calorie controlled, lots of protein and veggies.

I follow this plan to save hundreds of dollars while losing the last 25 lbs ( I've lost 100 so far):

Breakfast 300 Cals
    Am snack 250 Cals
    Lunch 200 cal meal with salad or veggies
    Snack 130 cal cookie/ popcorn
    Dinner 270 Cals with steamed veggies
    Snack 100 fruit

+ exercise 5x week

Works like a charm, and no deprivation!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    If you eat your maintenance calories after stopping jenny Craig or weight watchers etc etc etc Then why would you pack the weight back on again???