Finally past the dreaded 'Day 3'

Options
I've been trying to lose my flab for a couple of years now, but never been able to get past the third day. I would totally crumble and I'd end up scoffing loads of carbs and junk. I'm feeling quite proud of myself right now

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Congrats. That is really great.
    But if you find yourself crashing very early on, perhaps re-evaluate your diet plan. You may be being too strict. We want this to be sustainable :) It shouldn't be torturous. Hard, yes, torturous, no.

Best of luck.
  • MK24551
    MK24551 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Good for u! It's a great feeling. Keep up the awesome work! We r all here if u need us :)
  • barbiereynolds701
    barbiereynolds701 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Keep it up!
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Keep it up. It's definitely a long journey, but a much shorter one than you took when you got there.
  • Addiewe
    Addiewe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Im on day 3 too. :-)
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    If you crumble because your plan is overly restrictive, maybe you could try easing into it instead. E.g. Making one small change at a time. I'm a big believer in the idea that small things done consistently make a big difference. Good job and I hope tomorrow is good too!
  • indexgoofy
    indexgoofy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You got this! Every day there are new challenges to face. But take one day at a time. I agree with the others that small changes and consistency will get you there. Stay the course and you will see results.
  • Kathi7501
    Kathi7501 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yay Day 3!! Me too!
  • intrigame23
    intrigame23 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the great work. I found that keeping my logging in streak kept me going for the first month, then it becomes a habit, and suddenly something you just 'do'. Keep going!! ;)
  • susiej6
    susiej6 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I totally agree that in the past I've been really restrictive, but this time I've been really organised and wrote down what I'm going to eat. The biggest thing for me is getting off chocolate, crisps, cake and biscuits, so one step at a time.
    DAY 4! YAY. I GOT THIS.

Thanks again everyone for all of your support. Loving this site
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Congrats you gals/guys! Day three - if you've done any type of overhaul, you know the worst is behind you! Just take it day by day. Do it now, so you won't be forced to do it later (due to health issues).
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Nice work! I remember my first days vividly.
  • susiej6
    susiej6 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well I'm lay in bed now and it's a great feeling knowing day 4 is also done and dusted. Ready for day 5. Bring it on haha