Correlation between working out and feeling "amorous"

Options
triciab79
triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
Forgive my euphemisms, but I would prefer to keep this relatively clean so that it doesn't get flagged in the first 5 minutes. I also do not need offers in my in box to "help" with the situation. :-)

I have been working out 5 days a week,1-2hrs, for about 6 months and more and more I am noticing an increase in my overall friskiness. Men smell better, look better, and in general seem much more appealing than they previously did. Has anyone else had this experience and if so does it die down after a bit or do I just need to cut back on the exercise?

Replies

• maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, I found that once I started working out regularly I was much more frisky. I think it must be a mix of getting the blood pumping more often and the hormones related to that mixed with the confidence boost that comes with working out, losing weight and feeling strong.

Its been over a year and still going strong (or as strong as can be with 3 kids, dog, busy daytime schedule getting in the way of spontaneous frisky business). Though I do find that DOMS can sometimes get in the way :P I find that if I lose interest its either because I'm about to hit "that time" or I'm over exercising and need to back off for a bit.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Lol I need to settle it down a bit. My hubby's work schedule does not permit the type of post workout cool down I would like.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Exercise increases testosterone in women. I'm on my phone and can't get to the citation but there is a connection. I agree with the confidence boost as well. I don't see the need to back off but YMMV.
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I too have noticed the same thing! It seems like I'm in an endless cycle of working out and "feeling good" and then wanting to workout some more. I have also noticed that I feel a bit more assertive too. This seems like it is probably due to testosterone too. However, I'm just choosing to enjoy both as an added perk to exercising.
  • IvanOcampo
    IvanOcampo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean.. Particularly when I'm doing barbell shrugs.....
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    For me, I know it's a confidence thing. I'm working out so I feel better and since the SO prefers morning and afternoon delights I don't mind getting naked in the light. Before, I had to be under the covers, lights off, no TV, blind as a bat kind of dark lol. Now, I'm like "Yeah, you like my perky butt? How about my emerging abs?!" So, in turn it also makes me want to workout more so I look even better naked!! I don't mind... in fact, it's a nice change of pace!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    It makes perfect sense doesn't it. We're feeling better about ourselves and then the chemical reaction... I feel so good about myself while working out particularly doing weight lifting. I feel empowered, strong, positive, self assured... all the good positive adjectives that exist.

So yes, I do understand what you're saying and agree... you're not imagining it. :)

Cheers for yet another great reason to get fit and work out! ;)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    IvanOcampo wrote: »
    Really? Shrugs make me feel indecisive. I'd think hip thrusters would have more effect.
  • intrigame23
    intrigame23 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Yes! Glad to know I'm not the only one. lol I say enjoy the feeling and continue working out as you have!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Positive self-perception is a huge selfrodisiac.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    No
  • IvanOcampo
    IvanOcampo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    IvanOcampo wrote: »
    Really? Shrugs make me feel indecisive. I'd think hip thrusters would have more effect.

mm .. grab a barbell and do some shrugs - if you use a full range of motion you should see what i mean.. :P