Tips to Stop Binging

Options
Hey guys, my weight loss has been pretty slow so far and part of that is definitely connected to my binging. Do any of you have any tips to stop binging or to overcome it?

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Find out what causes your binging and try to deal with that. Is it because you're upset about something? Focus your energy into fixing what's happened or making the situation better, or find another way to comfort yourself. Is it because you're bored? Find something else to entertain yourself with, or don't keep food in the house that you might binge on. Is it because you've not eaten all your favourite foods for ages and can't stop yourself anymore? Work your favourite foods into your diet and keep them in your calories so you don't feel deprived.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating a day?

Maybe your binging as your not eating enough on a normal day. Add more protein to your diet, will keep you fuller for longer.
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    There is some excellent advice above. I personally find that having a bit of chocolate, or another treat, everyday makes me feel like I'm not on a "diet" and I don't then feel the need to binge on sweet. For me, having a treat everyday (sometimes it's small, sometimes not, depending on my calories that day) means that I don't get tempted to binge as often because I know I can either have that one treat, or have something else later. For me, this is a sustainable way for me to keep to a calorie deficit.