What you know

Options
_FATNSASSY
_FATNSASSY Posts: 107 Member
What do you wish you knew at the beginning of your weight loss journey, that you know now? I need motivation to start over, this will help!

Replies

• CockneyLady2014
    CockneyLady2014 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am now 67 and been "dieting" on and off from around the 1970s. Firstly I wish I had actually realised how slim I was and not dieted when I didn't need to. Second I wish I new about basal metabolic rate and then I would have known how many calories by body needed to survive and I could have adjusted accordingly. Good luck.
  • JuliaHaleFitness
    JuliaHaleFitness Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    That thinking of it as a "diet" rather than a lifestyle makes it a battle. Make changes that can become your lifestyle. Diet makes people think short-term and dramatic. Making your goal the process to be better is so much more fulfilling. The tortoise always wins the race!
  • drivenbonkers
    drivenbonkers Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I know now:

that I can eat 1200 calories per day without feeling deprived or hungry if I stay away from sugar early in the day

my kitchen scale and the glycemic index are among my best friends

my pre-made mix of diced onion, celery, and red, green, yellow and orange peppers is delicious, very handy and versatile: breakfast, lunch or dinner

each of my homemade banana oatmeal chocolate chip muffins are 270 calories, and I can plan my calories for the day to include one of them

one day at a time!