VEGETARIAN DINNERS?

kdelost630
kdelost630 Posts: 196 Member
edited September 27 in Food and Nutrition
Hell ya'll! I've been a vegetarian for almost a year now, but I find myself usually making some sort of stir-fry pasta with veggies for dinner. I'm trying to lower my carb intake per day and was hoping maybe some other vegetarians on here had good recipes for dinner that DON'T include pasta. I would be much obliged. :)

Replies

• tanya7007
    tanya7007 Posts: 11 Member
    Are you vegan or lacto-ovo?

They still have carbs but...

my all time favorite is vegetarian lasagna... it's not necessarily good for you though with all the cheese that ends up in there... and it's still pasta.

My favorite quick and easy meal is a veggie wrap.

Tacos or chili made with veggie ground round.

Scrambled eggs or omelets filled with peppers and onions.
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    I've been getting closer and closer to being vegetarian and thought your question was really smart. So, doing what any 25 year-old would do, I Googled it. This site has plenty of sites listed, something should help you out: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/vegetarian/Vegetarian_Low_Carb_Resources.htm

Good luck! If you find some good recipes, let me know!
  • darkhorse43
    darkhorse43 Posts: 70 Member
    Check out http://blog.fatfreevegan.com for a lot of great non pasta options. I would also recommend my new favorite cookbook Appetite for Reduction.
  • murrango
    murrango Posts: 8 Member
    I'm vegan, and hardly ever eat pasta. My meals are based mostly on vegetables, beans and whole grains like quinoa. Some great websites for dinner ideas : theppk.com, choosingraw.com, kblog.lunchboxbunch.com, blog.fatfreevegan.com. Also, go to your local library to see if they have copies of "Veganomicon" and "Appetite For Reduction." Do you have questions about how to incorporate a certain veggie? I can talk food all day :]
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    I've been strictly vegetarian for about a year as well, even though I've never eaten much meat. I love Gardein products. their chicken strips are great to put over a salad. Sometimes i make my own flat bread pizza. Flat Out makes a base and fill it with lots of veggie toppings. Also there are so many great veggie burger options out there now, and if you're cutting carbs you can put on all your toppings and roll the whole thing in a big lettuce leaf! Who need meat? :glasses:
  • kdelost630
    kdelost630 Posts: 196 Member
    Thanks guys!! So many websites to check out. I really appreciate it. And I'll let you know if I find any really good recipes to share! :)
  • HJayBee
    HJayBee Posts: 17 Member
    I also stay away from carbs - and rarely eat pasta.

But I eat pretty much the same dishes just sub with
    Roasted/BakedPotatoes; Brown Rice; Quinoa

I use a lot of imitation meats &/or beans with rice
This discussion has been closed.