Help! Weight loss has stopped.

Options
My workout routine has strictly been 90 min of cardio 5-6 days a week. I have been losing weight steadily. About 2 weeks ago I started adding weights (3x a week) to my work out routine. As of a week ago my weight loss has pretty much come to a halt. Is this due to the weight lifting or should I be looking for another culprit?

I'm going to start measuring myself today because I haven't been doing that (my mistake). Getting a little discouraged and frustrated. :(

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Water retention due to muscle repair. Keep on doing what you are doing, it will work. Patience.....
  • Taliagetsfit
    Taliagetsfit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That makes me very relieved. Thank you for your response. :)
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    My workout routine has strictly been 90 min of cardio 5-6 days a week. I have been losing weight steadily. About 2 weeks ago I started adding weights (3x a week) to my work out routine. As of a week ago my weight loss has pretty much come to a halt. Is this due to the weight lifting or should I be looking for another culprit?

I'm going to start measuring myself today because I haven't been doing that (my mistake). Getting a little discouraged and frustrated. :(

Are you counting calories too? Or just exercising to lose weight and eating what you want?
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I dropped the scale and go by how I feel now, I barely even measure except for once in awhile... I let my clothes be the judge now and buy new ones that make me feel good while being motivating :)
  • Taliagetsfit
    Options
    @galgenstrick I'm counting calories. Using the app.
  • Taliagetsfit
    Options
    @Behxo I hope to do what you're doing. Definitely a goal. I have a closet full of clothes I can't fit into. Some of it new, never worn. Smh.
  • galgenstrick
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @galgenstrick I'm counting calories. Using the app.

You should be just fine then. Weight loss comes in fits.

That is a ton of cardio though. Are you training for a race?
  • Timmi1978
    Timmi1978 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Keep working, you're on the right way. It's just a plateau
  • Taliagetsfit
    Options
    @galgenstrick I want to be able to do the 5K's with some friends but haven't been running. Just doing TaeBo and Zumba for cardio.
  • Taliagetsfit
    Options
    Thanks @Timmi1978 will do!
  • galgenstrick
    Options
    @galgenstrick I want to be able to do the 5K's with some friends but haven't been running. Just doing TaeBo and Zumba for cardio.

Cool. I think you're going to do great. Just keep at it, and feel free to take a break from the cardio if it starts to become a chore.
  • Taliagetsfit
    Options
    @galgenstrick thanks, will do! :)