the scales are going down but I can't notice the change

Options
I was just wondering when people started noticing the weight coming off?
I've lost about 19 pounds so far and apart from the fact that my bra has gone up a notch I can't see where the weight is coming off and it's a bit disheartening! I keep thinking that my scales are broken lol

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Try taking progress pictures. It helps.

When I was actively losing weight last year, I took them every 30 days. It really starts to add up. You'll see the changes alot better in photos.
  • sweet_brownsugr
    sweet_brownsugr Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yes, Ninkyou - I just told myself this today. I have to start taking progress pictures because I am having the opposite problem as the OP. I FEEL lighter and feel like maybe I see a little (extremely slight...teeny tiny) difference; however, the scale hasn't changed one bit!!!

Don't give up, zena_marie....we'll get to our goals one day soon if we stay consistent!! :)
  • jillian4316
    jillian4316 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Also try measuring yourself. I notice that my scale went down but didnt see a change. Then started to measure my mid-section. You DEFINITELY notice when you lose an inch :)
  • Eskay11
    Eskay11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem as @sweet_brownsugr I feel like I've lost weight and I guess I might see a smaaalllll difference around my waste but the scale hasn't budged at all
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    it probably depends on where you are losing weight. i was right around the 20-25 lbs before i looked like i lost weight. hang in there! measurements like others suggested is a good idea.
  • zena_marie
    zena_marie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the suggestions. My partner tells me I'm shrinking and I guess he'd know more than me as he's the one that looks at me naked lol. I have just got a tape measure with the intention of measuring myself
  • Bj0223
    Bj0223 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I was in your boat a couple years ago. Stay strong and focused. The first 30-35 pounds I lost no one noticed, not even me. I lost 40 pounds before I went down a pant size. It does happen and you will notice soon and so will your friends and family. Keep up what you're doing b/c its working! Best of luck to you.