Why does strength training not record cals burned?

Options
Hi all,

I have recently started "getting on it" as I have put on over 5 stone since uni... ouch! Nevertheless, three gym visits in 4 days and I am back on track. However, I wanted to ask why the strength training section doesnt record cals burned. Any idea why?

Replies

• crissi66
    crissi66 Posts: 98
    Options
    great question i was wondering that myself
  • aferbet
    aferbet Posts: 124
    Options
    you can go into the cardio part and search for strength training-it's listed. you just have to keep track of how many mins you do it.
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Click on Cardio and then search for strength training there.....the other one is to keep track of your schedule ect....I think. All I know is it counts the cals if you enter strength training under cardio!
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    If you go under cardio exercises, and search strength training, there is an option to choose there. Youc an record your time spent and calories burned, just like when entering cardio
  • stephlake
    stephlake Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have wondered this too... and I know that you can complete it through the "Cardio" Section, but why not have a calculation under the Section set aside for it??
  • shaamoney
    shaamoney Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks all! Really appreciate the quick responses.

My current plan is weights, cardio, weights, cardio, weights, so a bit miffed if it didnt count those cals!

:-)
  • RyvreTam
    RyvreTam Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I would venture a guess that it's because it varies so much per person. What you're doing, whether you're doing a lot of weight and going hard vs light weight and lots of reps, skill and fitness level. You could say that with any activity, sure, but strength training is so general, I'd think you should use something additional (heart rate monitor or individual exercise database) to calculate and then enter in to your diary.