Replies

• isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    If it has calories I count it. So I count all milks etc I use in drinks
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Coffee itself is pretty low in calories (like less than 10 calories for several cups). Yes, you should count it for the sake of accuracy, but if you forget to, it's not like you're going to throw off your calories by a factor of 10 or anything.

Cream/sugar/other additives definitely tho.
  • kampshoff
    kampshoff Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I don't count coffee at all unless I'm not drinking it black, which is rare.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    You have to count EVERYTHING if you want accuracy. Cream especially counts--Coffee, not so much, since it only has about 2-5 calories, but you definitely want to be logging your cream.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I would definitely count the stuff most people put in the coffee, but not necessarily the coffee itself.
  • toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Yup...
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    People do different things, but I count my coffee (which I drink black).
  • s2mikey
    s2mikey Posts: 146 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Nope - I drink black coffee and straight up tea with no added anything so I skip loggin it. Its hard enough to log everything as it is, screw that.. Besides, do we log every walk we take and every other little activity? I dont. So, that stuff cancels out, IMO. If you shove 3 creamers and 3 tbs of sugar into your coffee or tea.... THATS a different issue ;)
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Well, cream, yes (though I don't generally have cream with my coffee - just once in a blue moon).

I don't count my coffee. I realize it has a small amount of calories (I believe two per 8-oz.? Something like that) but since I don't have more than three cups a day, and they're usually 4-6 oz., I figure it's not adding up very much - what, maybe four calories? I realize that goes against the idea of "count everything" so I'm not saying this is what everyone should do.
  • mzjenn2u
    mzjenn2u Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    YES! Calories are calories....and the additives people put in their coffee def adds up
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Yep. I have a little "my recipes" recipe for the way I take my coffee at Starbucks and the way I make it at home. It's quick and easy to log that way!
  • s2mikey
    s2mikey Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    Well, cream, yes (though I don't generally have cream with my coffee - just once in a blue moon).

I don't count my coffee. I realize it has a small amount of calories (I believe two per 8-oz.? Something like that) but since I don't have more than three cups a day, and they're usually 4-6 oz., I figure it's not adding up very much - what, maybe four calories? I realize that goes against the idea of "count everything" so I'm not saying this is what everyone should do.

Correct - "log everything" but like I said, do we also log that longer walk from the parking lot to our work place? What about healthy laps during lunch at work? What about shopping at a mall where you may walk a few miles? If you aint logging that then coffee and tea can be safely skipped! :)
  • SyzygyX
    SyzygyX Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Who brought coffee? Where's coffee? GIMME.

No, uh. I have 1-2 cups a day, don't consider myself too addicted but do get lovely headaches in the afternoon if I haven't had any yet. I do 2 tbsp of cream/creamer per 8-10 oz mug, and sometimes add a squirt of honey (which I log as tsp). I'm not a big breakfast person, so if I have anything else, it's something like an apple, banana, or hard boiled egg, so I don't worry about coffee calories. :smile:
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Black, no - I don't log.

My go-to two sugars and a scoop of hot chocolate mix? Totally.
  • kampshoff
    kampshoff Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    s2mikey wrote: »
    LAWoman72 wrote: »

Correct - "log everything" but like I said, do we also log that longer walk from the parking lot to our work place? What about healthy laps during lunch at work? What about shopping at a mall where you may walk a few miles? If you aint logging that then coffee and tea can be safely skipped! :)

I drink a lot of black coffee on a daily basis, but I'm going to assume that any calories in it are well within the margin of error for any calorie counting I do that day. :smiley:
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    ​I use the non-asterisked entry (MFP-entered based on the USDA National Nutrient Database) for "Coffee - Brewed from grounds," which lists about 12 different serving sizes from which to choose. The bonus is that it includes the micronutrients sodium and potassium that may not be provided with asterisked entries (MFP-user entered).

3k41lbzyk91i.jpg
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I count the 20 calories of almond milk I put in my coffee every morning. 20 calories is 20 calories.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Black, no - I don't log.

My go-to two sugars and a scoop of hot chocolate mix? Totally.

Mmmmmmmmmm.

I never in a million years would have thought of that, but now I've got to try it.

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    If it has calories, it gets logged. Full stop.
  • LoveDoc66
    LoveDoc66 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yea decided to cut back.. But I love my coffee