Has anyone lost more weight without trying after reaching your goal

2»

Replies

• teegoods38
    teegoods38 Posts: 21 Member
    I've been maitianing since I hit my goal weight last year in July. Although my weight has not gone up or down, my clothes are a lot loose in the waste than usual. I think I have lost inches, I feel healthier and have lot's more energy. I am currently in the process of toning so I know the scale will go up but for the good (gaining muscel).
  • mzavilla
    mzavilla Posts: 5 Member
    Yes - have had the same thing happen - when I posted a while ago - people thought I was crazy! My goal was 125 - I now hold pretty steady between 119-121. It's taken some tweeking with calories-have not decreased exercise. I just have learned to listen to my body more and when I am hungry I eat-if I'm not I don't - I don't so much follow myfitnesspal calorie recommendations to a T all the time.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Yes, it's happened to me twice now. The first time I got down to 135lbs at 5'10" and everyone was telling me I was too thin. Then I had a baby and now on round 2 (maintenance now) and once I reached my goal weight of 150lbs I kept losing and now seem to hover around 145 lbs. I think it takes a while for your body to figure out where it should be. Also for me, I find it takes 1-2 weeks for my body to catch up to anything I've done. For example if I have a cheat day, it's usually a week later I will see the result on the scale. So once I upped my calories to maintenance, it took awhile to stop losing.

I think it's important to listen to your body to figure out what's right for you.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Tanie98 wrote: »
    my original goal was 120 lbs but when I reached 125 I decided to start maintaining since I was happy where with my weight. I was still tracking my calories to get an idea at eating at maintanance.

However I have since lost more weight since I can feel it in my clothes and the scale is now reading 115 lbs.Allot people told me I look great and not to lose more.I have since stopped counting calories since I am now used to potion control and I exercise regulary.I am scared I am going to keep losing.

Has this happen to anyone?

Happened to me too, it takes a bit of time to transfer to maintenance IMO. I wasn't watching my weight at the time but I went from a medium to a small with out wanting to.
  • AzizMuj
    AzizMuj Posts: 7 Member
    I hope this happens to me lol
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,844 Member
    edited April 2015
    Yes I did. I just came back from a vacation where I had big breakfasts with feta cheese, flat bread, sausage, jam and cucumber or fruit every morning, and a big plate of kebab with rice, flat bread, fullfat yoghurt and pickle twice a day and 1-2 cans of coke or similar. Plus I've been testing local sweets as this country is not importing much and has lots of unknown products. In 9 days I've lost another 500 grams. Adding to that the 1kg or so that I lost since maintaining. I really need to up my calorie intake.
  • jediguitarist
    jediguitarist Posts: 73 Member
    I went from 183lbs to 160lbs in 16 weeks a few years ago. Once I hit 160lbs, I tried maintaining for 8 weeks by adding another meal to my daily. I lost another 8lbs.

I stopped going to the gym for 8 weeks and stayed around 155lbs. Some reason, I've been maintaining 153lbs - 158lbs at 2000 cal/day for a few years.