Reward yourself!

Options
manders_b
manders_b Posts: 44 Member
Just hit the 12 lb loss mark and rewarded myself with a new pair of shoes! I used to reward my successes with food - trying to break the habit.

What non-food things do you reward your successes with?

Replies

• littleblue2
    littleblue2 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am at 8lbs lost and bought myself a new Polar A300 fitness watch/HRM! Can't wait for tomorrow's delivery and workout!
  • naui1994
    naui1994 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I picked up a new Gregory backpack for a hiking trip I have planned in August. That was my 50lb loss reward.
  • brewingPHX
    brewingPHX Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Cigarettes!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Shoes! Why did I never thing of shoes?! I used to go with a new pair of earrings for every 5 lbs lost, but I already have an abundance of them, so I had to think of new stuff.
  • neschamarie
    neschamarie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thinking to pick up some new workout gear when I hit the 50lb lost mark. I've actually lost 73lbs since last year, and mfp says 55 because of when I started tracking, but I'm at 45 now for this year alone. My leggings and sports bras are all getting loose now!
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    For every 15 pounds I reward myself with new work out or kitchen gear- I love new work out clothes, they make me wanna go to the gym and show off :)

When I reach my ultimate goal (aside from maintaining a healthy lifestyle forever ofc!) I'm rewarding myself with a tattoo.
  • kimberlyhurt
    kimberlyhurt Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I usually get pedicures! The shoes / earrings/ workout gear are good ideas though.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Regarding rewards, the best statement I ever heard was, "don't reward yourself with food; you're not a dog!"
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    you only deserve something when you lose weight?
  • overin2015
    overin2015 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I really want a fitbit HR but can't see spending the money at this stage in my weight loss efforts because I don't really know that I will use it. Maybe I can set a goal of 20lbs lost and I get the fit bit. Going on a Disney trip though and it would be awesome to see the numbers after walking all day at the parks.
  • akdetweiler
    akdetweiler Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    massages and pedicures :)
  • jennlaw89
    jennlaw89 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Rewards
    20lbs=New Workout Program (I got ChaLEAN Extreme & PiYo)
    30lbs=FitBit (I got the Flex)
    40lbs=Concert (3LBS TO GO!!!)
    50lbs=Weekend Getaway
    60lbs=New Workout Program
    70lbs=Select Techs
    80lbs=Vacation
    90lbs=New Vehicle
    100lbs=Shopping Trip
  • sweet_brownsugr
    sweet_brownsugr Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I haven't rewarded myself at all...maybe that will be my motivation going forward. After losing my 1st 20lbs, I'm going to treat myself to a nice massage, mani and pedi!!!! (17lbs to go!!) Lol.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    naui1994 wrote: »
    I picked up a new Gregory backpack for a hiking trip I have planned in August. That was my 50lb loss reward.

Good choice :-) my Gregory has lasted 5 years and still not even an ounce of wear
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Rogue fitness hat
  • Headtothemountains
    Headtothemountains Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Possibly a tattoo when I get there, but clothes along the way!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!