Samsung Galaxy users!

Options
So I have a Samsung galaxy S5 right now. And I have never been one to put music on her phone. I have an IPod classic with over 4 thousand songs. I use that for my music source. However lately I have been using my phone when I run and workout for the app I use. So I need a way to get music onto my phone. Since I am very familiar with ITunes and the way apple is set up, I know nothing about how to get music on my galaxy. I have tried workout stations on Pandora or Spotify. I just don't like the music they offer. Any tips, or suggestions anyone. Please and thank you in advance. ;) Happy fitness everyone!

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Use Google Music and leave iTunes in the dust. Every day I don't use iTunes is a small victory for me.

You can import all your music into the Google Music with their free app as long as you have less than 50,000 songs.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1229970?hl=en
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    Use Google Music and leave iTunes in the dust. Every day I don't use iTunes is a small victory for me.

You can import all your music into the Google Music with their free app as long as you have less than 50,000 songs.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1229970?hl=en

This. I have an S5, too, and an iPod I haven't turned on in well over a year. I use the music on my S5 when I run. You can also copy music onto your phone by simply using a USB cable to connect your phone to the computer and copying music files from the computer into the music folder on the phone like you would copy any other files.
  • awkwardsoul
    awkwardsoul Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I bought an SD card and shoved a bunch of music on my S5 from my computer. The Samsung music app that's built in works pretty well.

Google Music is another great option.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    So I have a Samsung galaxy S5 right now. And I have never been one to put music on her phone. I have an IPod classic with over 4 thousand songs. I use that for my music source. However lately I have been using my phone when I run and workout for the app I use. So I need a way to get music onto my phone. Since I am very familiar with ITunes and the way apple is set up, I know nothing about how to get music on my galaxy. I have tried workout stations on Pandora or Spotify. I just don't like the music they offer. Any tips, or suggestions anyone. Please and thank you in advance. ;) Happy fitness everyone!
    Plug the phone into the computer, open your music folders (both for phone and computer), copy and paste. You're done.
    That's how I got music onto my S5.
  • natebollinger
    natebollinger Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I quick moving music files from location to location. Just use Spotify or subscribe to Google Play Music All Access and you have all the music in the world at your fingertips, can create playlists, listen to custom radio stations, etc.
  • Amanda82691
    Amanda82691 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Spotify
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    This is great! Thanks for posting. :smiley:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    www.listentoyoutube.com is a good one too.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I quick moving music files from location to location. Just use Spotify or subscribe to Google Play Music All Access and you have all the music in the world at your fingertips, can create playlists, listen to custom radio stations, etc.

Once you have all your music in Google Play there's no need to move it ever again. I just upgraded to the S6 Edge this weekend. I just powered on the phone, logged into my account, and poof! All my music and playlists are just there available on the new phone already.
  • Amanda82691
    Amanda82691 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Spotify

You obviously didn't read my post I already said I tried and don't like Spotify lol
  • rickyjones1848
    rickyjones1848 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Synctunes is the app I used to transfer hundreds of songs from my iPhone 4 to my Galaxy s3. Then I saved all my files to my micro SD card. When I traded up to the s5, all my music easily came with me.
  • Shanairah1991
    Shanairah1991 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have the S4, contract isn't up until November :(, I use a YouTube converter (Google youtube to mp3) to download music off YouTube then I plug in my phone and drag the downloaded file into the phone folder and voila!
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    XBox Music here. I get an annual subscription each year when Microsoft puts it on sale during their 12 days of Christmas sale, but, in the past I've paid full price many times.

All the music you can listen to for free (or most of what you might want). You can download music to your phone in playlists and then don't need to worry about streaming. I have several playlists I rotate between at the gym.

If you are an Amazon Prime subscriber, though there's not as much music, Prime Music isn't bad. They have tons of Radio Stations and Playlists, or you can make your own.
  • GLJLA
    GLJLA Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I setup the google play music to play the songs i have on my home computer. Just set up a folder on your home pc to share with google play. You still need wifi or 4g to play the music that way though.