Has anyone tried the Cabbage soup diet?

Options
borichfan
borichfan Posts: 208 Member
If you have tried the cabbage soup diet, what do you think about it? Did it work for you? Do you think it will be ok to eat the soup with all that sodium in it everyday for 7 days?

Replies

• scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    A relative was doing it under doctors orders to lose weight before surgery so I decided to do it with him. This was many years ago so I don't remember the specifics only that I was incredibly dissappointed with my weight loss despite following the diet perfectly. I did lose a few pounds but it wasnt much and may have been water weight.
  • MasterSpater
    MasterSpater Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh dear god stay away from it.

Not only are fad diets harmful, but that soup is horrid and will cause an instant gag reflex after day 3.
  • Luvlee85
    Luvlee85 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I actually love the cabbage soup diet. I have my mother make me a big pot and snack on it when ever I'm feeling a little hungry. I don't use it as a weight loss tool but more as a fill me up snack.
  • crozierb
    crozierb Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have not followed the "diet" but made a huge batch of spicy low cal cabbage soup this winter and ate it for lunch and dinner for a week. I felt great, but I don't have the desire or will power to eat basically ONLY soup for a week :)
  • sahm23ladies
    sahm23ladies Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Oh dear god stay away from it.

Not only are fad diets harmful, but that soup is horrid and will cause an instant gag reflex after day 3.

Not to mention the horribly painful gas!!
  • browneyes1022
    Options
    I have tried this diet before and actually lost 15 pounds but I always felt hungry and you get tired of the soup after the 3rd day but I do make the soup every once in a while and eat just that. The bad thing about this diet is you gain it all right back even if u exercise. Good luck!