30-day shred?

jldaley09
jldaley09 Posts: 219 Member
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
So Is this the regular video that I see for like $10 at Walmart? Jillians 30 day shred? just wanting to clarify as I was looking to maybe try it out. Is there anything else you need for it besides the video and how long at the workouts? Thanks!

Replies

• reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Hi! I am doing the $9.47 one from Walmart. I think it is the same thing. You need hand weights (2-3 pounds) too. She also recommends a mat for hard surfaces. I do it on the floor no problem. I find it a hell of a work out for the time frame. There is a debate over time....whether it is 20 or 25 minutes. I am bumping to find out what others say. I am on level one day 8 and it is still an effort for me.
  • Jalachri
    Jalachri Posts: 47
    Im on level 3 this is my 6th week and I think it has changed my body for the good and helped my weight loss! I do it every other day and run the others. LOVE IT!!
  • nancymmorris
    nancymmorris Posts: 310
    I am level 2 day 2 and it is a killer. You just need hand weights. I use 3lbs. You will love it!!
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Yup, that's it. And just a mat and hand weights. I used 3 lb weights the first time I did the program and now I'm doing it all over again with 5 lb weights.
  • aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    Just handweights...I would start off with smaller ones and work your way up. I started with 3lb and I'm using 5lb now..i's a tough workout but it is awesome and you will feel great! I'm on day 24 now and feel awesome!
  • allisoncook87
    allisoncook87 Posts: 160 Member
    I'm on day 2 of level 3 and love it!
  • acodopony
    acodopony Posts: 2
    Yes it is great! It will definately get you sweating in a short time. I also bought here Ab video and it will kick your butt to. LOVE IT!!
  • jldaley09
    Awesome! I think I will try it, I have 3 lb weights. I just need something for the days I dont go to the gym.. like today and the weather is too bad to go outside. But something that I schedule will be beneficial too.
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Hey everyone that is doing it! Do you record it as 20 minutes of circuit training or 25??? I have seen both on here.
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    I never know if I should put 20 or 25 either...with the warm up and cool down it is 25 minutes, but you aren't burning calories during those 5 minutes like you are the rest of the time... I put 20 minutes on the days I feel I could have worked harder and probably didn't burn as many calories as I could have and then put 25 on the days that I feel I really gave it my all to get the extra calories.
  • bjscmg
    bjscmg Posts: 77
    I had my calorie burner on on my android and from start to finish it timed 25 minutes! The shred is awesome even if you just wanna tone up, every muscle in my body is on fire after I do it.
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    When I did the shred I use 25 minutes. You burn calories during your cool down also.
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    The DVD has two 2-minute warm ups/cool downs plus three 6-minute circuits...so technically speaking it's a 22 minute workout. I'm not quite sure how some people get 25-30 minutes out of that...unless they are adding exercises, which I don't think is the case. I guess it turns out to be a bit longer because Jillian talks a bit at the beginning and end and a little bit throughout, but personally I'd rather log it modestly and end up burning more calories than I expected, than the other way around. On another note, I love this workout! I'm on Level 1 Day 3, and my entire body is still on fire. I'm not sure when the soreness is gonna go away but it's a small price to pay for a toned body!
  • jldaley09
    Ha! I saw your tag line and thought , man she must think Im lazy for not googling what 30-day shred was..lol.. but I did want to ask here anyways how people liked it so I killed two birds with one stone :(
  • jtdman
    jtdman Posts: 4
    Talk to Liz - she was doing it every day for awhile.
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    I think it's a great program! I'm still on level 2, like...day 8 or 9? I'm not sure if I want to go to level 3...level 2 is still a killer with some of the moves. I might get some light ankle weights and stay on level two, since I'm also doing the JM slimdown challenge that incorporates two of her other videos over 30 days.

Definitely worth the $10, or if you have can find a torrent and download it.
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Ha! I saw your tag line and thought , man she must think Im lazy for not googling what 30-day shred was..lol.. but I did want to ask here anyways how people liked it so I killed two birds with one stone :(

Hahaha no no don't think that. It's for laughs, rather than me actually getting upset at people for asking questions :flowerforyou: But yeah personally I think it is definitely worth the $10. I'm only on Day 4 and I already feel changes in my body.
This discussion has been closed.