Protein Powder

what are some ways you use protein powder? Curious for ideas :)

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I just add water to it in my shaker bottle and suck it down in about 30 seconds.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    I use cold coffee instead of water as a base for the chocolate protein powder. XD
  • carebear62984
    carebear62984 Posts: 8 Member
    I have used milk. I don't like milk or the protein powder but I need both so I decided to get it over at the same time lol. I know a few ppl that said add it to water. Just don't sound very good lol
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    People put it in everything, protein cookies and pancakes are pretty popular. I just drink it in milk, but I actually like it better that way. haha
  • hemmymomma
    hemmymomma Posts: 22 Member
    I add vanilla powder to my fruit smoothies. With my cookies and cream powder I use almond milk, I prefer the taste of that over mixing with water !
  • carebear62984
    I have googled ways to use it, I was just curious to how ppl preferred it.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    gothchiq wrote: »
    I use cold coffee instead of water as a base for the chocolate protein powder. XD

HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS?!?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    1/2 a cup of milk. Shake it real good. Down it.
  • delineated
    delineated Posts: 24 Member
    You can work it in to a lot of meals. I use the now sports natural unflavored, mix it with a cup of almond milk and use it in cereal. Don't even notice it. Or just down it and get it over with....lol
  • gothchiq
    My husband puts his protein powder into yogurt. For me that's kinda thick, but on the other hand if you froze it part way and threw it in a food processor I could see it making a really nice frozen shake.
  • CoachMatt48220
    CoachMatt48220 Posts: 2 Member
    Have you tried different brands/types of protein powder? It took me a while to find one that I actually liked and didn't upset my stomach.
  • Sephixteeo
    Sephixteeo Posts: 75 Member
    I'm planning on trying some soon with my coffee. Sounds like a win-win.
  • gothchiq
    I like EAS Lean 15 whey protein powder. Some of the others I tried were disgusting and they cost a lot too. EAS is cost effective and has a quite decent taste and texture.
  • carebear62984
    Thank you all for your input and ideas.
  • I use 1cup frozen strawberry, 1 cup 1% milk and 1 scoop of vaniy protein powder on blender every morning for breakfast. Its great.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    I love blending some into my greek yogurt. Especially yummy with some berries.