The 30 Clean Program

Options
IUGB
IUGB Posts: 15 Member
Has anyone done the 30 Clean Program?

http://www.the30clean.com/studio-organization-and-private-group-member-registration/

A few of my friends are going to start in about 10 days, and I was wondering if it was worthwhile. Any thoughts?

Replies

• jddnw
    jddnw Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Things like this hold no appeal for me, but If you want a highly structured, highly restrictive, 30 day challenge, you can do the whole 30 for free. (Google whole 30.)
  • IUGB
    IUGB Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow! I didn't realize how restrictive the plan would be. There's no way I will be able to cut out legumes, daily and grains. Thank you!
    Do not consume added sugar of any kind, real or artificial. No maple syrup, honey, agave nectar, coconut sugar, Splenda, Equal, Nutrasweet, xylitol, stevia, etc. Read your labels, because companies sneak sugar into products in ways you might not recognize.

Do not consume alcohol in any form, not even for cooking. (And it should go without saying, but no tobacco products of any sort, either.)

Do not eat grains. This includes (but is not limited to) wheat, rye, barley, oats, corn, rice, millet, bulgur, sorghum, amaranth, buckwheat, sprouted grains and all of those gluten-free pseudo-grains like quinoa. This also includes all the ways we add wheat, corn and rice into our foods in the form of bran, germ, starch and so on. Again, read your labels.

Do not eat legumes. This includes beans of all kinds (black, red, pinto, navy, white, kidney, lima, fava, etc.), peas, chickpeas, lentils, and peanuts. No peanut butter, either. This also includes all forms of soy – soy sauce, miso, tofu, tempeh, edamame, and all the ways we sneak soy into foods (like lecithin).

Do not eat dairy. This includes cow, goat or sheep’s milk products such as cream, cheese (hard or soft), kefir, yogurt (even Greek), and sour cream… with the exception of clarified butter or ghee. (See below for details.)
    Do not consume carrageenan, MSG or sulfites. If these ingredients appear in any form on the label of your processed food or beverage, it’s out for the Whole30.

Do not try to re-create baked goods, junk foods, or treats* with “approved” ingredients. Continuing to eat your old, unhealthy foods made with Whole30 ingredients is totally missing the point, and will tank your results faster than you can say “Paleo Pop-Tarts.” Remember, these are the same foods that got you into health-trouble in the first place—and a pancake is still a pancake, regardless of the ingredients.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I would never follow a diet that only told me what not to eat
  • norie92
    norie92 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Do not try to re-create baked goods, junk foods, or treats* with “approved” ingredients.

They can shove it. If I use a protein powder to recreate a milkshake but with 1/4 of the original calories I'm going to do that instead of risking scarfing down a real milkshake.

• Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Im going to have nightmares after reading all those restrictions! Oye!!!!

Yeah, my suggestion? Wait this challenge out...see how your friends manage (cope) with it. I have the feeling that what they experience will be enough to satisfy your curiosity of whether or not this sort of eating plan is worth it.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Do not consume alcohol in any form, not even for cooking.

What. In. The. Frack.!?

Do they not realize that alcohol evaporates when cooked? Food (or drinks) that have been cooked in alcohol do not contain any alcohol.

a46.jpg
  • who4fan
    who4fan Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    That diet sounds completely impossible to stick to long term. A lifestyle change is what most of us need, but that would imply needing to be able to live with it, that list is not something I could do for life.
  • happening5
    happening5 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It's not a diet, it's a total gut reset. I felt like most of talk about it but read the book anyways. I was convinced it was worth a try. I'm on day 10 and doing great. The idea isn't too live this way, it's truly to see how certain foods effect your health and in my case break free from the cravings and snack attacks is been suffering from. This isn't hard, fighting cancer is hard.
  • jukyu
    jukyu Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I can't help but roll my eyes every time someone's defense of a stupid exclusionary diet is "IT'S NOT A DIET".
    Yet another restrictive gimmicky diet IMO
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Umm, what can you eat?