Trying to lose grief weight and changing lifestyle

Options
Just started this app yesterday. Trying to lose grief weight from the loss of my father. I am also changing my lifestyle by cutting out alcohol which has been a crutch to me. Over all, i just would like to evolve into the best person I can be and feel comfortable and beautiful with my body and spirit again. I would like support and others to chat with on this journey. I love hiking and being in nature. s1euath9h30v.jpg

Replies

• BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I had a similar issue when I had a period of depression, drank too much, ate too much...got too big. Changed out my giant wine glasses for tasting glasses started watching what I was eating/drinking and felt much better for it. You got this :)
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I can sympathize. I used to be in fantastic shape, then I went through weight gain after the loss of my grandfather and my stepfather (about a year apart), a sibling's drug addiction, sudden unemployment and an abusive relationship. I put on 20lbs in those three years and have been yo-yoing since.

Alcohol (hello, wine) has definitely also been the toughest hurdle, but I'm down to a drink or two on the weekends, so it's definitely something you can do. :)
  • dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I just blogged about this exact topic and would love to cheer you on.
  • yhealthy2000
    yhealthy2000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    What a sweet picture! Is that a Beagle? I have a Beagle and a pit-lab mix:). I lost my father 2 1/2 years ago. He is physically not here but he lives within me and around me at all times. He gives me strength and I feel his presence. Missing my dad in a healthy way is what I do. I respect my dad, and since I'm an extension of him, I will take good care of myself! You know that your father loved you. And, he will want you to do what's best for your health and spirit. You can do this, too.
  • MeganPaigeHausner
    MeganPaigeHausner Posts: 8 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    For those that have replied, thank you. It's comforting to know I am not alone. It's hard to reach out to people you don't know but what do I have to lose except the shell of myself I have created? I appreciate it and feel free to send me requests. I would love to share my journey with others. MP
  • cassity282
    cassity282 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    my greif is not from a human.but my cats were the only suport I had.the friends the family.then I lost Snowflake feb 19 2013.i gained weight.the I lost her sister Rascal july 9th 2013(they would have been 19 in October 2013).and I gained weight. then I lost Smokey who we thought had afew years left on may 19th 2014.and I gained more weight. I didn't want to get up. I still don't. grief is bad. I gained more than 20 pounds.

feel free to message me at any time