111 poundsgone and 1.1 away from the 200's pics

Options

Hi!! Well it has been a while. I got frustrated several weeks ago when the blogs weren't working! But I am back and I have so much to say!

So Stella got her groove back! LOL! I had been strugging for quite some time and it didn't seem like I was ever gonna get back on track! With all the various events going on; lunches, birthdays, holidays, and all that other fun stuff. I kept saying well I can work it off tomorrow...yeah right! That is the wrong mind set to have. I do often use exercise as a way to enjoy a treat that I like or when I have had a little too much of one thing or the other, but I do not want to get stuck exercising to eat! That is not a healthy relationship with food!

So, guess what has helped me with this turn around....no fancy pills, or special diet...MY SON! He has decided to take charge of his health! He joined MFP. He has been exercising with me faithfully and had been trying to eat the things that I eat. I have honestly never had such a proud Momma moment. He hasn't quite got the hang of logging yet but he is working on it. He wakes up on his own (it was the one stipulation i put on this, because I want him to do it for him, not me) and goes either walking with me or we hit the gym. He is an incredible motivator because he gives it his all every time.

We recently completed an 8 mile walk for Laurenskids.org to help raise awareness for Child sexual abuse. I was so proud that he went as far as I did. We didnt make it the whole nine miles but we were so happy with ourselves!

Now I am not saying things are perfect. I hardly believe they ever will be..but I am sitting at 301 and within a few days I should surely be under 300 for the first time since I was about 18 years old. I can not freaking believe it! I have lost 111 pounds to date and plan on losing about 140 more.

I did not get there over night. I still binge occasionally. Those times are fewer and farther between. I drink water like its my job so that even when I have had a crappy day food wise, I know that my water consumption is on point. (Its a win!) I eat treats nearly every day, I learned how to control the portions for the most part and plan cheat meals. I do not restrict myself and I would rather eat a little to much over not enough. I have learned to see my body as a machine and the better I fuel it, the better it will run.

I truly hope anyone reading this will benefit some how. This journey is so not easy! But I know it is worth it! Thanks all ! Happiness and health to you all!
Feel free to add me as a friend! I love the support and motivation!!!

[img][/img]BnY2Ozh.jpg

Replies

• twoisplenty
    twoisplenty Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Wow! Way to stick with it. Glad to hear you are back in the groove. And, if I may say so, your walking outfit is totally styling! :smile:
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Fantastic keep going! you have kicked butt!!
  • favoritenut
    favoritenut Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    awesome job! keep it going! kudos to your son... :)
  • jsyersiii
    jsyersiii Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Excellent! <air guitar>
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    Amazing! What a wonderful accomplishment and success story. You look beautiful, and are getting younger. You should feel so proud of yourself. I think allowing yourself to eat anything in moderation is super smart and the key to success. Congratulations!
  • pattykiser7
    pattykiser7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You inspire me!
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Wow! You did an incredible job!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring. Thank you for sharing.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,993 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    What a difference! Thank you for inspiring! Those events are fun..
  • LavenderLeaves
    LavenderLeaves Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You're awesome, lady! I'm so glad to be friends with you on here while we do this together. :)
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Awesome job to you and your son! :smiley:
  • Funship
    Funship Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! keep up the good work. You and your son will be able to keep each other encouraged!!!! Kudos to you both.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    congrats on your success
  • 1nelle
    1nelle Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good job!!
  • NesCastanon
    NesCastanon Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    great job. You kept at it and your hardwork is paying off!
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Great work!!!!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    You must feel 100x better already! Fantastic job :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!