starting to bug me!

Options
sorry in advance as there are probably loads of similar questions!

No progress in 4 weeks :( seem to go down to 173 then up to 174 then down again

5ft5 173lbs 36%bf

from this and a few other formulas i should have 2200 a day I've cut to 1200 that should be a 2lb loss a week. on top i do 4-5x weight sessions and 4x 30 min hiit cardio usually treadmill.
I'm on a dance course and have 3x 1hour pw of technique training that involves cardio and body weight exercises.

my diet consists of (can't share my diary for some reason):
breakfast:
porridge or eggs
lunch
salad and chicken
omlette
dinner
brown rice and chicken and veg
swet potato and chicken
and variations

i try to get about 30% carbs 40% protein and 30% fat

snacks usually an apple or teaspoon of natural peanut butter
drink at least 3 litres a day

im not tired and feel great in myself with energy and skin etc.

its so annoying i just don't lose anything and not really seeing anything different with shape!

am i doing something wrong? if patience is key then fine happy to keep going but don't want to be wasting time if something is easy to change to see those numbers goes down!

help meeeee pleasseeeeeeeeeeeeee

much love
x

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Well based on your stats 2200 a day is your maintenance?

If so you only need to cut 20% from that...not 40%....

AS for the rest it's not what you eat it's how much...and your macros are of no consequence for weight loss...

do you weigh your portions?
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You are either:

a.) underestimating your calorie intake,
    b.) overestimating your calorie burn from exercise,
    c.) have miscalculated your TDEE, or
    d.) some combination of the above.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food? Are you eating back your exercise calories, and if so how much of them?
  • amyclavey10
    amyclavey10 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i weigh all my food and i don't eat back exercise :/
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    i weigh all my food and i don't eat back exercise :/

Are you on the website or mobile? If you're on the website click on-
    food, settings, and then scroll to the bottom. It will say "Diary sharing" click on "public" and hit save.

Something isn't right here, and i am 99.9% sure you're just eating too much. Hard to tell without seeing your diary though.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I don't know you work out that much on so few calories. That being said, is the exercise routine new? If you started a new routine, you could be retaining water from the increased activity level.

If you haven't started a new routine, then there's something wrong with the math and you're either underestimating calories eaten, overestimating calories burned, or a combination of the two.
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Without looking at your diary and exercise stats, I think its hard to explain why you are not losing weight.

With that being said, I was on here a few weeks ago with the same complaint and got similar advice about food and exercise, which helped me out.

After a few weeks of exercising 5 times a week and diligent logging, I have lost 4 lbs...it took some time and patience but now I am seeing myself lose a bit every week or two. Prior to this, I was gaining and losing the same 2 lbs.

Sometimes, although we think we are logging everything, we are just not honest with ourselves. Once I got over that part, things started to move.

The weight loss is slower, than when I lost weight in the past, but taking each day at a time helps.

Also, keep an eye on your sodium content...high sodium=fluid retention.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    There are a few reasons to not lose weight.

something off in the CICO equation (we can't tell right now)
    water/glycogen stores from exercise
    Cortisol levels are up due to stress which can cause water retention
    TOM water retention.

I've gone 4 weeks then had a big woosh of 2-3lbs...

If it's any of the bottom 3 be patient...if it's the top one...we can't tell atm
  • amyclavey10
    amyclavey10 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've always danced so thats not new. and i started doing more weights about 6 weeks ago.
    and i don't know how i can track wrong when i don't eat back exercise. and i weigh everything i eat and check against the packets

okay I've set to public again but some people still say they cant get in. if you can then great :) btw gammon isn't a usually thing for me its usually chicken but was the only thing in my partners house (i see him once every 2 months)

sorry for all this, feel like a nagger!
  • krissyrey
    krissyrey Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hey just to add my little two cents. If you say that you are logging accurately and that your calorie goal is 1200 calories, you might not be eating enough. You seem like you exercise a great deal, and remember that you are burning calories when you do so. If you are logging correctly try upping your calorie goal to losing 1 pound per week. That should probably put you at 1600-1700 calories. That way you will be fueling your body for the workouts that you do, and that your net calories will not drop very low.
  • krissyrey
    krissyrey Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You should start seeing some weight dropping very soon. It has worked for me :).