1 month of horrible binge eating and drinking!!!

Options
Went off MFP for 4 weeks life altering circumstances... Binge drank alcohol and ate everything I shouldn't of!! Need friends to motivate me to get back to healthy living?!!! Gained 2.5 lbs.

Replies

• farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    This has to be a joke right? You binge drank and ate and only gained 2.5 lbs? I can gain that in one night by eating a cheeseburger and fries. I am very jealous :s
  • tretoptreece
    tretoptreece Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    So much for motivation....^

I have actually got off track the last several weeks as well and even though I stayed within my calorie goals except for a couple of days, the scale has not moved in 3 weeks! Which goes to show me that what I was doing before was the real deal, (low carbs no bad carbs no white food like sugar potatoes and etc.) Was pretty much eating a vegetable with every meal. So here's to us getting back on track!!!! Sorry for whatever circumstances caused you to binge. You got this, just take one day at a time. Be true to yourself!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    If all you gained is 2.5 pounds, call it water under the bridge and carry on. You got off lucky.

Long term, have a good think about why you fell off the wagon. What sort of factors were at play? What do you need to change in your thinking and your environment to prevent this from happening again?

Getting back to healthy living is as simple as making the right choice right now, and at the next meal and the next. Every choice, every day is a fresh start. And frankly, the only decision that matters. History is past, and future hopeful. The only place you can make a difference is what you do today.
  • darkcrow13
    darkcrow13 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ya surprisingly I thought I would of shot up 15-20 lbs because I felt so fat and bloated.... But thank u all for the feedback!!:)
  • awesomewastaken
    awesomewastaken Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I went through pretty much the same and gained about 4 pounds, which has come of shockingly fast after resuming normal eating and drinking patterns. The only motivation that truly helps is the one you have inside yourself. Just get back to logging and exercising and all will be well soon enough.
  • StrawbC
    StrawbC Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    It's hard to stay "on track" constantly I struggle daily with wanting to eat more than my allocated daily calories I've Ben at it nearly 4 months Does it ever get any easier ??? I'm scared if I fall off the "wagon" I'll never get back on and I can gain and loose 2.5lbs just looking at the wrong kinda foods, inhaling the aromas can easily lead to a 5lb increase Aggghhhh does it ever get to a point where this is just life or am I a mfp junkie forever ???? One wonders!!!