you will be 5lbs lighter in 5 weeks.. hmm please advise

Options
hello, I am sure I am more generous than needed when logging and MFP keeps saying I should be 5lbs lighter in 5 weeks than I actually am.. I am now doing exercise every morning plus walking around 9000 steps per day and on some days am running 5-10km.. I do not think my logging is out guys .. but lets say it was out by 200kcal per day would this make me maintain rather that lose less? what I do realise is that I need more food on the days before my long runs or I end up too tired half way around... does anyone else find MFP says 'x' but your scales say 'y'? :)

Replies

• JustMe2691
    JustMe2691 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Basically it says if you eat every day exactly like today, you would be x lbs lighter than your recorded weight in MFP.

And yes, my scale does not agree with MFP.
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Those are just estimates, they can be influenced by many factors. Weight loss is far from linear. Take them with a grain of salt. :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I ignore the 5 week projection. It is based on the premise that you are eating the same thing every day for 5 weeks and that all other variables are the same as well. It's a pie in the sky number and if you stick around you'll see way more people not hit it than hit it.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I never paid attention to what mfp said when I closed my diary for the day, it's all lies :smiley: at least that's what me and my other mfp buddies think :smile:

In answer to your question you'll find if your doing ok and you're losing consistently then alls well, if not then it's time to log more accurately.
  • slimandsmiling
    slimandsmiling Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Think I need to log a tad better...need to regroup with self :blush:
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    If MFP sez X and your scale sez y then you need to solve for z

In other words, you have inaccurately weighed, logged or used inaccurate data or settings.

Checking your expected loss against your actual loss is a great way to verify your accuracy and make corrections to fine tune your program along the way.