Who logs religiously?

Options
Hi MFPs I'm new here and I'm looking for friends who log all their food whom I can compare myself to.

Currently I'm set to lose 1lb a week and my cal target is 1600. I'm a 5'6 male currently at 141.8lbs

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I log everything down to the spices. My calorie allowance is pretty high though at about 2400 before exercise which adds another 5-800 based on fitbit adjustments most days, so seeing my food diary may not be very helpful. It's public so if you want to check it out go right ahead. I am set up to loose 2 pounds a week. So far its been working nicely.
  • donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I log most everything. I don't log spices. I will typically round up my calories in and round down my calories burned. I am set for 1# loss per week too. Male, 53, was 217 on Jan 1, at 186 this morning. Diary is always open.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Don't have much wiggle room.. I log supplements, gum, cough syrup, spices, etc..
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I log religiously M-F....and less so on the weekends. I have an open diary should you choose to peruse it.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I log everything , even when dining out , at the table. .so I don't forget. The only thing I don't log is black coffee and spices.
  • Looncove_Farm
    Looncove_Farm Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I like logging. I slipped a little in the beginning and would forget to do it in the evening but my diary is set to open and you can see it and everytihng I add in. As a matter of fact if you check todays you will see I had pizza and birthday cake,,,my Mom turned 72 today so I splurged and still came in UNDER my calories. You will love this site.
  • phxhiker
    phxhiker Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses! This is my first week logging with this app. It's so much easier then the last app. I weigh myself tomorrow so I will see if I lost any. I've logged everything and went over once or twice but not by too much.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I like logging. I think there are some entries where I missed or forgot to log a 35-40 calorie mini treat, but usually I log everything, even on terrible days.
  • MK24551
    MK24551 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    This is my first week and so far I have been logging everything. I love this app. So easy! I can't wait to weigh in tmrw :) I'm like a kid waiting for Xmas morning! Good luck!!!
  • upgradeddiddy
    upgradeddiddy Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I log everything to the point where my girlfriend gets annoyed haha, including cheat bar nights (yes wine helps keep macros in check haha)
  • Kirstincarnage
    Kirstincarnage Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I log absolutely everything. (except water, I'm kinda bad at that, though I drink 2L/day at minimum.) It's really helpful for me!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    My current streak is 289 days of logging. Took a break for the last half of 2013/first half of 2014, because I was pregnant.

That said, not all days are perfect. If I go eat at a local restaurant that doesn't have calorie information, I ethier do a best guess from the database or a quick add. I also don't always log my spices and I never log things like crystal light. I also weigh my food that I make at home (I refuse to bring a scale with me when I go out to eat or to a family event...to me that's the twilight zone).
  • IvanOcampo
    IvanOcampo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    depends on what i'm doing.
    When I try to lose weight, then yes - I meticulously log everything. Spices, vegetables, even my pre/intra workout, and my sugar-free energy drink.
    If I eat out, I overestimate macros and portion sizes, and if I am eating at a restaurant, I add at least 10ml of oil to my logged calories, just in case.

When I try to gain weight (at the moment) I'm a bit more lenient. I definitely don't log my pre workout, I don't always weigh vegetables (or log 300 grams of broccoli when I know it's more like 350/400) as long as I remember to eat 5 serves a day. I often underestimate when I eat out.. etc.
  • VanillaGorillaUK
    VanillaGorillaUK Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I log everything - including birthdays and Christmas.
  • SophiaSilfaery
    SophiaSilfaery Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I log religiously in terms of praying for the scale to shift, but I break the sabbath by logging on Saturdays so I guess not.

More seriously I log pretty much everything, if it has a barcode I scan it, if it doesn't and I can't weigh it I estimate very high, if I can weigh it then I do. So far so good.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I pray that the quarter cheesecake I'm logging doesn't really come out to 900 calories... ;)

I log brilliantly when I'm on track, but tend to stop logging for the day if I know I'm wildly over, though I'm trying very hard to stop this, because it is why I went almost 6 months without losing any weight.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Different stats than you, but I log religiously.

I started here in January, but I had been logging on another site for about three years.

I pretty much log everything other than black coffee and Splenda. If I'm not logging, there will be a note/explanation. :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    phxhiker wrote: »
    Hi MFPs I'm new here and I'm looking for friends who log all their food whom I can compare myself to.

Currently I'm set to lose 1lb a week and my cal target is 1600. I'm a 5'6 male currently at 141.8lbs

girl-raising-hand1.jpg

My diary is open.

• soozquu
    soozquu Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I log everything that is over 5 calories. I am only about 5 or 6 weeks into the program, but I firmly believe that my logging everything is what is helping fuel my success.