Why can't I stop eating!

Options
Hi,

I'm from the UK and weigh 11 and 1/2 stone. (161 pounds) and just find it impossible to not eat junk food. I get fast food nearly every night and when I'm at work on my lunch break find it so hard not to buy junk food. This is the first attempt of many at loosing weight and I've got past the first day and stuck to my calorie limit of 1200. Was wondering what motivates everyone to stick to this and if you guys have any great tips or ideas to stick to the diet! Thanks

Replies

• Audrone
    Audrone Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Today I feel I could eat the whole house and it would not be enough, but instead for the first time reading community blogs and looking for help! After that I might drop on the floor and do a plank and go early to bed to avoid eating!
  • DigitalDiana
    DigitalDiana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I find 1200 too constricting... perhaps set it to lose 1 lb. per week instead of 2 lbs. per week.... see if that allows you more calories..
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I just did it. I wanted it badly enough. I always liked veggies and meat, so it was an easy transition. I save room every night for dessert.
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Try to eat enough fat and protein, these keep me fuller longer compared to carbs. Good luck! ♥
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Mind over matter is what it boils down to...
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Because im commited and want the results more than I want junk food. There isnt really an inbetween or there is but its much worse and miseravle than either being on a diet with results or not being on a diet and eating what you like. For younger people then the common failings (besideds basic diet- weigh and log your food etc) tends to be a lack of patience, easily deterred and unrealistic expectaions. They are all diet killers, so watch out for them. Keep it simple and do the basics correctly.