Ligament trouble --> wrist

Options
I´m having a hard time doing my work outs and starting again (trying insanity again since i quit last time) but one thing that kinda gets me backing away is that since i have been doing yoga in school gym, it kinda has been making my right wrist mess up, I´ve always had wrist and ankle problems (low though), but now if i put my hand on a table and put pressure on it, it hurts like always.

some time ago It has formed like a Hole and a bump on top of my wrist? (because of yoga)
not sure what i can do about this, I´ve tried straightening it some time ago but idk it just made it worse i think :c , i want to be able to do pushups without being in total pain in my right wrist. :(

Any advice from fellow people maybe with the same problem ?
This really holds me back.

Also quick question, can jogging incorrectly mess up your back?, after jogging finally after a long time, i couldn't sit properly out of bad back pain for 2 days haha :P.

Replies

• SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Try using weights to support you when doing yoga. Instead of putting your hands flat on the floor put hand weights on the floor and grasp them. Or use foam blocks. I have a yoga instructor friend with terrible rheumatoid arthritis who uses foam blocks that look like hand weights. I sometimes have pain and use fists when doing push ups or plank. My surgeon jokes that I'll be back in his office for carpal tunnel surgery with all my yoga.
    If those don't work, you may need to switch up your workouts to avoid pain. As for jogging, try the elliptical instead. Less impact. A visit to the chiropractor might help also.
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I get this in my left wrist all the time, it's tendinitis. It makes my left hand virtually useless. I've been prescribed a couple medications for it, which take about a week to work, but I find massaging the area to be the most effective. Basically, find the spot that hurts (it's always the same for me) and dig in with as much pressure as you can stand. I do it as often as I can until it stops hurting.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    have you seen a doctor?
  • MichaelLe37
    MichaelLe37 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've had similar wrist problems doing yoga a few months ago. What helped were wrist and forearm stretches on the yoga mat. Also wrist strengthening exercises help. Also in downward dog, try to spread your fingers out as much as possible and put most of weight on your knuckles and thumbs. Hope it helps because it helped me :)