Strictly sports as exercise

Options
macj214284
macj214284 Posts: 3 Member
edited April 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I stretch before every practice or game, stretch after and only play sports that make me run or sweat profusely. For me these include: Ice Hockey (goalie), Soccer (Defense/Mid-Field), and Basketball.

I've quit eating fast food except for the occasional Popeyes, but I stick to the non-breaded blackened tenders.

I eat veggies and meat and keep my calorie intake goal at 1900. The sports have been keeping me below my net goal. So far I've lost 12lbs over the past 2 1/2 months. I'm currently 274lbs on my way down to 225lbs at 6' 2".

Replies

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Way to go. It sounds like your plan and approach really work for you. :) I like reading how people take different approaches. Keep up the great work.
  • macj214284
    macj214284 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    As of today, I've lost 22.5 lbs and have not had any back pain in 2 weeks. Here is a more detailed look at my daily routine (if anyone is interested):

Breakfast - 250-350 cals
    Fruit Smoothies (frozen fruit, cashew milk, peanut butter, and a banana) or 2 granola bars and a piece of fruit (Apple/Banana).

Lunch - 650-1000 cals
    Sandwiches, Kebaps, Burrito Bowls, Handmade noodle dishes.
    30-45 mins of shooting basketball

After work (Tues-Thurs)
    Basketball at Rec Center for 1.5-2hrs

Dinner - 400-550 cals
    Pasta (whole grain), Meat/Veggies

I try to avoid bread and tortillas as much as possible. Obvious if it's a sandwich day, I deal. This diet allows me 1 cheat day on the weekend, sometimes 2 if I can play sports over the weekend too.

Use at your own risk. Everyone's body is different. I started this plan when I was 290lbs and am now 267.5lbs.