losing hope

Options
I have been trying my absolute hardest to lose this weight for about a year now. I admitt it's only been the last few months that I have been giving it everything, but nothing is changing. I workout to 21 day fix every single day, and I push myself with everything I have. I hurt, I sweat, I shake. I follow the diet plan to the best of my ability, meaning, I eat the food I like on the list, no junk food, no juice or pop etc. I eat mostly chicken and rice. I run on my treadmill at least 5km and I exceed my 10,000 steps easily now. Why has my weight not changed? what am I missing here? yesterday I got felt so desperate I started the 2 tbsp of coconut oil a day . I am fighting to stay in this. This is defiantly the hardest fight of my life.

Replies

• CatHunterFit
    CatHunterFit Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Are you following the 21 day fix diet plan, or doing MFP?

Have you taken your measurements, or taken photos of your progress. Your results might not show on the scales, but will show on your body.
  • DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Medical issues aside, if Caloric Intake < (BMR + exercise ) you'll lose weight.

1)Are you tracking calories on MFP?
    2) If yes, are you weighing or estimating quantity?

Looking at your exercise regiment, you should be able to eat mounds of food!! I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet... there's got to be something overlooked.
  • adamgoleafs87
    adamgoleafs87 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Do you track everything on here? If so open your diary for public viewing and members would be able to take a look and see if anything is off. How many calories are you eating per day?
  • emi1997
    emi1997 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey - am in the same boat. Doing a reasonable amount of exercise, but weight is not shifting. Body shape is though, but not by enough... feel free to add me as while not about to chuck it all in, I am losing the motivation and have stopped logging food as much as I used to.. But it is worth hanging in there!
  • CockneyLady2014
    CockneyLady2014 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Agree with all the comments. I'll send you a friend request as I am new here. Your Ticker says you have lost 19 lbs over what period.?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    If you're new on MFP---have you entered your stats and got your calorie goal? Are you weighing and measuring all your food and staying within your calorie goal? It's really that simple. If you are doing all this and still not losing weight, open up your diary because that's usually where the problem is. Read the "sexy pants" thread to get started, plus the other starting threads as recommended. After doing all this for 2 weeks report back if you've still got problems. :)
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food? Rice has a lot of calories, so if you're not weighing your servings, you're probably eating a lot more than you think.

If you're not losing weight, you're not in a deficit.

Fun fact: 2T of virgin coconut oil is ~260 calories, which is over a half pound a week!!
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Medical issues aside, if Caloric Intake < (BMR + exercise ) you'll lose weight.

1)Are you tracking calories on MFP?
    2) If yes, are you weighing or estimating quantity?

This. What you eat is way more important than your exercise for weight loss. Your workouts will help achieve a calorie deficit, but if you're eating more than you burn, you won't lose. And you can do that no matter what you eat, if you're not tracking it. Are you tracking your food here?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    You could be following the diet plan, but eating too many calories.

How many calories are you eating daily? Do you weigh your food? Do you log your food everyday on MFP?
  • mrsjstone01
    mrsjstone01 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Do you track everything on here? If so open your diary for public viewing and members would be able to take a look and see if anything is off. How many calories are you eating per day?
    How can I get advice on my food diary?
  • tracydaniels5074
    tracydaniels5074 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I usually use the barcode to track, I don't eat a whole lot of variety of foods, so a lot of the time it's repeat food. I have noticed my clothes are fitting differently since starting the 21 day fix. Maybe my body is losing fat, but gaining muscle? I try to stay between 12-1500 calories a day, and if it gets put in my mouth, I log it whether it's good or bad for me. It helps hold me accountable. I struggled with thryoid disease, medically put on steroids, but have since been told I'm fine now, thyroid levels are normal. Been off pills for over a year.
  • JoReddBowe
    JoReddBowe Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!! There are other measurements of growth! Clothes fitting better? Workouts getting easier? Lifting more weights? Sleeping better? Drinking more water? More "regular"? Better skin? Better hair?
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    How can I get advice on my food diary?

Edited because I see it is open.

I would start a post with your specific questions.
  • lesliewalker108
    lesliewalker108 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    im kinda having the same problem. I lost about 13-14 pounds ,but for the past two weeks I cant seem to stay at 199 no matter how hard I try. I was 214 and would love to stay at 199 , but the scale keeps jumping back up to 200-203. so frustrating. But Im going to keep it up and will try to realize it takes time.
  • tracydaniels5074
    Options
    Are you following the 21 day fix diet plan, or doing MFP?

Have you taken your measurements, or taken photos of your progress. Your results might not show on the scales, but will show on your body.

• tracydaniels5074
    Options
    I have taken pics, but in my eyes I don't see it. 0there has been a small difference these past 2 months. I guess I'm disappointed, I had high "infomercial " hopes. It's just a slower process for me I guess. My friend dropped 35 pounds her first round
  • tracydaniels5074
    Options
    Are you weighing your food? Rice has a lot of calories, so if you're not weighing your servings, you're probably eating a lot more than you think.

If you're not losing weight, you're not in a deficit.

Fun fact: 2T of virgin coconut oil is ~260 calories, which is over a half pound a week!!

• tracydaniels5074
    Options
    I only eat long grain rice, like the program says, measured in those little containers.
  • Solamer
    Solamer Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I see that you've lost 19 pounds, which if you've only been truly committed for the past few months, is not bad at all. Like others have already said, make sure you're accurate about servings sizes and use a scale. And patience! You got this. One other note...beware of gimmicks or toogoodtobetrue miracle fixes like putting all your faith in 2 tbs of coconut oil. Might be good for you, but it's not gonna solve your problem if you're already miscalculating your foods. Good luck!
  • tracydaniels5074
    Options
    The 19 pounds took a year, and I would assume it was from giving up pop and juice, and as much sugar as possible. Then I tried the step counting. ...I do try my hardest to accurately measure/count my calories . I slip once in awhile and have a slice of pizza. It really has been the last 2 months I have given it everything I can, 100% effort. I'm just shocked I guess that the scale is not moving. The 21 day fix allows me to have 4 tsp of healthy fats, coconut is one of them. It's just frustrating when you want it so bad and it's just not happening , or at least not in my eyes.