I've lost 21 pounds and now I'm stuck...hungry all the time too.

nicholsnme
nicholsnme Posts: 10 Member
Lost 21 pounds and was so excited and now the scale isn't budging, and I'm starving all the time. Must be a head thing!!! Never had a problem with my weight before surgery and steriods and I can't handle all this negative thinking about myself.

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,467 Member
    Do you exercise?
  • gonzanab
    gonzanab Posts: 117 Member
    You might be under eating. If you feel hungry, I suggest eating more protein so that you feel satisfied and full.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    How long has it been since you've stopped losing weight?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Have a diet a break? They are nice physically and emotionally.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    How much do you weigh? How much more do you plan to lose? What calories are you eating? If you're following MFP's approach are you eating your calories back?
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    When we do the same thing over and over but expect different results its the root of insanity, it drives us crazy. do something you have not done yet, fast, heavy lifting, run...etc. shock your system with something new.

Its possible your body and system is just plain ol used to what you are and have been doing. Do something you have never done before...in other words shock your system into moving again. Simple issue, simple solution.

I do not wish to be attacked for my post. You can disagree with my opinion without reposting me and without attacking me. Thank you.

• nicholsnme
    No I totally agree...I'm bored to tears with my exercise which consist of fast walking since running isn't possible with all my surgeries on my leg and the metal. Thanx. Now just have to figure what to do. I change my life style so drastically from always being busy to being on disability and that's when the weight came so a change is needed. I'm just getting so frustrated.
  • nicholsnme
    How much do you weigh? How much more do you plan to lose? What calories are you eating? If you're following MFP's approach are you eating your calories back?

• nicholsnme
    I went from being around 128 to 130 all my adult life and now I weigh 163. Sucks.
  • nicholsnme
    How long has it been since you've stopped losing weight?

• nicholsnme
    It's been a couple of weeks and it's driving me crazy.
  • nicholsnme
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Do you exercise?

Yes every morning and evening I fast walk for a couple of miles and I do crunches and floor exercises. Kdeping busy always.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    If you opened your food diary to 'public' you'll get some good advise. Without knowing how many calories you're eating and the amount of exercise it's impossible to give you good answers.
    Stalls do happen, but there's usually a good reason.
  • cacatrn
    cacatrn Posts: 4 Member
    Change up your work out. Wear a back pack and make sure it weighs 20 pounds and go walking with that and put some ankle weights on when you are walking. Put some water bottles in the bathroom and use them as weights to do arm curls while you use the bathroom ( I call it toilet training). Do at least 3 reps of 10 and repeat 3 to 5 times a day.