Met my first goal! Almost 1/3 of the way to my goal weight

Options
jcook0716
jcook0716 Posts: 65 Member
I started on 3/1 @ 199lbs.... At 29 years old o decided enough was enough and it was time to change. I figured a good reasonable goal would be to lose 30lbs by my 30th birthday (july16th). Since then I have been counting my calories (sticking around 1200) going to the gym or going on a walk at least 3 days a week and allowing myself some treats occasionally and being realistic with this lifestyle change... I want it to last forever. Today i reached my first milestone. Weighed in at 179lbs. My first 20lbs is gone forever. :) i wanted to share this small victory here since i thought posting on fb to a bunch of people who dont care was kind of vain... At least here there is support! Im so excited for the next part of my journey. 159 here i come!

Replies

• sheryl2004
    sheryl2004 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great job! :)
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! It's great that you've developed a routine that works for you and have set reasonable shorter term goals in support of your final objective. Keep up the great work!
  • jee_nee_us
    jee_nee_us Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow. Congratulations. Best of luck for the rest.
  • mxl3101
    mxl3101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Small victory?? 20 lbs is a huge victory! That's awesome!
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome victory! I really like your realistic mindset. I'm trying to do the same thing - I don't want to become a hermit just because I want to live a healthier lifestyle, so I'm making better choices all around and slowly chipping away at it without letting it completely consume me. Good luck for the rest :smile:
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Panders40
    Panders40 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great work. I have been really staying more committed as well and it definitely is slow, but sticking to it is key!
  • spunkypug100
    spunkypug100 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!
  • lunabella76
    lunabella76 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Great work!! I have a similar goal and chunking it down had helped me stay motivated.
    Your attitude is so realistic! :)
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! That is absolutely awesome!
  • Keva81
    Keva81 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats :)
  • MeganKarcilar
    MeganKarcilar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's a great loss in a month and a half!!
    We started in the same place (I claimed 200, I guess just a good solid number), and measured 178.2 this morning. I'm about a third of he way there too (I want to be 130, so ALMOST a third)! You've lost it a bit faster, I started 1/19. (I'm also a July birthday! I'll be 25 on the 27th of July!)
    P.S. This is not a small victory! It's a huge victory! You rock!
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    congrats so far! good luck on the rest of your journey
  • jcook0716
    Options
    Thank everyone! All your kind words are very encouraging! I have a 6 mile walk for march of dimes tomorrow. Im a little scared but i know i can do it.
  • littleblue2
    littleblue2 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hey girl that is so awesome!!!! You have done an awesome job!!!
  • JohnBarth
    Options
    @jcook0716, how'd the run go? I'm sure you rocked it!
  • lkaren01
    lkaren01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!! Keep going!!!
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    YAY! Congrats girlie!
  • jcook0716
    Options
    It was a walk (luckily, im pretty sure id keel over and die if it was a run lol!) i did good. I finished strong and could have kept going. Although when u got to the finish line they were serving soda, chips and hot dogs lol seemed kind of funny to me.
  • JohnBarth
    Options
    Nice job! Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!