New friends? Also, why does this take sooo long?

Options
Hi! I'm Jess. I have lost and gained and lost and gained the same 35 pounds, that I probably lost and gained hundreds of pounds. I'm probably the biggest I have been in about 10 years. I have 4 perfect days in a row- shouldn't I be skinny already? I know this will take me a long time, but I don't have patience! Please be my friend and also, talk me out of my evening sweet craving. I just saw a picture not cake! Ahh!!!

Replies

• AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. It's not easy, but so worth it. When I get those cravings I get a big glass of water and it usually helps. Btw, day 4 here too. Let's work it lady
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    You answered your own question. You didn't gain it in 4 days and you aren't going to lose it in the same time. Stick to your goals and you will lose (pending they are realistic). By that I mean don't set your diet to 1200 cal a day (unless you are 4'5"). Figure your Tdee and eat 20% less than that number. Move more. Drink water. Eat less fast/prepackaged food. It does work and there is no such thing as a quick fix or magic pill. Don't give up!
  • Fizbi
    Fizbi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It's not the food that hurts, it's the quantity of food. We didn't grow up on a diet because...well...we were growing up. Now that we are grown-ups (grumps), we now need to maintain to keep from growing...OUT. They didn't teach us how to maintain in school. It's now up to us to educate ourselves on how to maintain.

We must become our own nutritionists.
  • niliyahia
    niliyahia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am totally like you sometimes I just wish my weight disappeared during my sleep
  • heidio2
    heidio2 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    on day 2...let's visualize day 45 where we'll be virtually high giving our weight loss
  • byroman
    byroman Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Think about this. The next year of your life is going to go by whether or not you stick to this new lifestyle.

A year from now you'll look back on this week and be glad you started now!
  • ClarWebb
    ClarWebb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Day 11 here!! U got this!
  • gelsdon
    gelsdon Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The best thing I have done recently is spend an hour with a nutritionist. I found it highly interesting.

I think we do have to make changes to get what we want with health. For me it was finding the things I'm willing to change (cut down on sugar) and the things I am not (coffee).

Good luck !
  • SuperMelanie
    SuperMelanie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Focus on getting today right. If you follow eat less than you burn up, you'll lose weight. Perhaps only a few grams per day, but it all adds up! In a few weeks you'll start to notice a difference- stick at it and you will reach your goal :) I know I won't reach my goal weight in a few days or even a few weeks- it's going to take at least 6 months, maybe even a year. But I console myself with the thought that I will NEVER be as big as I am today ever again :D And if I carry on doing what I'm doing I will look good for my birthday photos.
  • lauranewman130
    lauranewman130 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes. I am short on patience too and get anxious and bored. It's so easy to lose focus. I've done the same on and off. I am my heaviest now too. Time to accept it for what it is. My new coping mechanism for cravings: chewing sugarless GUM! It totally works for me. Stick with it. And focus on creating the good habits. Not the results. One day at a time. :)
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    One quote I read which always inspires me when I'm feeling impatient is 'Even if I only lose 1/2 a pound a week, that's still 26lbs in a year' (well, roughly).

Stay strong :)
  • supermantat
    supermantat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Keep on going it's worth it