Smoothies Anyone ????

Options
kdvia
kdvia Posts: 18 Member
edited April 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Does anybody here drink Smoothies as a meal replacement ??? I'm looking for some healthy smoothie recipes if you could please share them.

Replies

• melanie899
    melanie899 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi. Mine is very basic though technically it's not a 'smoothie'. I use Plant Fusion protein powder (vanilla), unsweetened Almond Milk, and 1 cup of frozen mixed tropical fruit (trader Joe's). All together it's 255 cals, 24g protein, 30 carb, 20g sugar (due to the fruit). But I'm sure it would still be good if you leave the fruit portion out.
  • kdvia
    Options
    ty So Much Melanie sounds yummy
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have one for breakfast and usually go for something like: half curly kale (I can't taste it in the finished drink), 4 strawberries, handful of blueberries, a banana and water. The banana makes it creamy enough not to need milk. I do mix up what's in there depending on what's in the fridge. I enter in the ingredients and weigh each time so I'm pretty sure I get an accurate calorie count which is under 200cal.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have one everyday for lunch. My diary is public if you want to have a look
  • kdvia
    Options
    Ty for your replies. And recipes :)
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    I have one for breakfast as a way to bump up my veggie intake. I start with 1/2 cup kefir (for probiotics), 1/2 cup water, 45 g greens (spinach/kale) and blend that first. Then 1 scoop (34g) Trutein vanilla protein powder (any brand should work) and blend. Then I add 50 g beets, 50 g avocado, 1/2 kiwi (about 35g), 50 g banana, 60 g frozen blueberry. If it is pretty thick after blending, I blend in a few ice cubes to chill it and add some liquid. The calorie breakdown is in my diary a few days back, but is roughly 380 calories, 45 carb, 10 fat, 34 protein, 14 fiber. Everything adds value to the drink and you taste the fruit more than anything else. I find it holds me over until lunch and I start the day off with 2 veg servings, good fat, and protein, and half my fiber. Final amount is just about 20 fluid ounces so it is a big drink.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I use an unsweetened, unflavored whey protein powder and chia seeds(tablespoon). This allows me to mix and match. My general is something green(kale, spinach, watercress, arugula), fruit (blueberries, strawberries, pineapple, banana) and a liquid (coffee, almond milk,water) with the above mentioned powder and chia seeds. Sometimes I will add cocoa powder or vanilla. Experiment to see what you like best.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I just bought a Vitamix and am newly discovering smoothie combinations. I put the entire blender container on the scale and tare after each entry to be sure I am logging correctly. My favorite combinations so far:

apple, strawberry, three berry mix, carrots, flax seed, Greek yogurt and vanilla almond milk

pineapple, banana, spinach, orange, flax seed, Greek yogurt and vanilla almond milk

banana, dark cherries (found frozen ones at Sam's), dark chocolate almond milk

banana, peanut butter and dark chocolate almond milk
  • kdvia
    Options
    I just bought a Vitamix and am newly discovering smoothie combinations. I put the entire blender container on the scale and tare after each entry to be sure I am logging correctly. My favorite combinations so far:

apple, strawberry, three berry mix, carrots, flax seed, Greek yogurt and vanilla almond milk

pineapple, banana, spinach, orange, flax seed, Greek yogurt and vanilla almond milk

banana, dark cherries (found frozen ones at Sam's), dark chocolate almond milk

banana, peanut butter and dark chocolate almond milk

• kdvia
    Options
    That sounds really good ! Thank you !
  • lmhallas
    lmhallas Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My office just bought a nutra bullet and sometimes I have a smoothie for breakfast. However, since I need something to chew on, I usually have a side of almonds with the smoothie.

Some good combos or ingredients:

chocolate unsweetened almond milk, bananas, peanut butter/almond butter

blueberries, raspberries and bananas with unsweetened almond milk

apples, cinnamon, milk, cayenne and nonfat greek yogurt, touch of honey

my co-workers use spinach, pineapple, banana and flax seed with greek yogurt.

If you like things extra creamy, I know another co-worker puts avocado in hers.
  • kdvia
    Options
    That sounds really good ! Thank you !
  • LMS120yesIcan
    LMS120yesIcan Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    using unsweetened almond milk is the best because of the low calories. I only add 1/3 of a banana and will add either frozen blueberries or strawberries (around a cup). I also put in spinach (which I cannot taste). For me, I need to add a small amount of splenda for sweetness. I stay away from adding yogurt because of the calories.