Keeping Weight Watchers meetings but doing MFP

Options
I know this is going to sound unusual and i know that its all about calorie deficiency. but here is my issue. i have been going to the Weight Watchers meeting since Oct 2014 and i have been having trouble tracking everything. im not sure i wanna do Simply Filling bc i need to have that limitation factor. i LOVE my weight watcher meeting group and it really helps me every week to focus on me and my struggles. love my leader and love the people, but it comes down to the food logging. i was wondering if i can just log my food into MFP and still go to the meetings or does that make me a liar in the face of "working the program". id love some advice on what to do. thanks!

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Go to the meetings and do your tracking/logging here. You are lucky to have such a great group.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    You can...as long as you don't mind paying for it every week.
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Nope, I really don't mind paying right now! I need to see what's going in and it calorie wiser too. The group face to face helps because I get ideas, understanding, help, and advice
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid to do whatever works. It's perfectly ok to pick and choose what works out of different systems.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for you! I'm an ex-WWer, the meetings never did a lot for me, but I was working nights at the time, and so did daytime meetings where most of the other participants were SAHMs or elderly, so I didn't really make any connections, being a uni student, running a pub on graveyard shift, and partying pretty hard the whole while.

So long as you don't mind paying, go for it.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I am an online WW member. Started here to see what I liked better. I was double tracking at first, but now I only track here. I'll be canceling my membership soon, I'm sure.

But if you like meetings (I didn't) and money isn't an issue, there's no reason you can't do both.
  • soozquu
    soozquu Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I track in both as well, though I prefer the mfp tracker better. I continue to use weight watchers because I get a lot out of the meetings.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with having multiple levels of support - it's all good!

:drinker:
  • frazerkate_sw
    frazerkate_sw Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I do this too with slimming world, the meetings are really helpful and I follow the principles of the plan as best I can still, but it's calories I need to see logged as that's helping to explain the stall in my losses far more than simply weighing and measuring a small portion of my diet.

If it works, it works.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Sometimes accountability and support are can be priceless. If the benefit is worth the cost to you then there's not reason not to keep it up.
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I go to Weight Watchers meetings but track here on MFP instead of following the WW program. I think the points program is pretty stupid when it's so easy to track in greater deal using apps like MFP (and the whole "free" fruit and veg thing - ridiculous!). However I like having the face-to-face support and accountability of attending a meeting each week. I just lie to my leader and pretend I'm following the points program.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Whatever works for you! I'm an ex-WWer, the meetings never did a lot for me, but I was working nights at the time, and so did daytime meetings where most of the other participants were SAHMs or elderly, so I didn't really make any connections, being a uni student, running a pub on graveyard shift, and partying pretty hard the whole while.

The meeting I first started out in, then took over as leader would have been perfect for you! It started as the 'teenagers meeting', but then some of us started turning 20 so it got changed to 'young persons' :p. And it was started for that very reason - being able to relate to others in the group and having the same challenges.

OP, if you're getting something valuable from attending the meetings I say go for it too :).
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you everyone for the advice and help! I'm going to give this a log here and go to the meetings for accountability. It really is a benefit to me bc in the end everyone there is focus on bettering themselves and getting them selves out of a bad for mindset. 1/2 the class don't do points but do a version of ww cashed simply filling and that scared me bc there was no limitation. At least I can see my calories here!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

The meeting I first started out in, then took over as leader would have been perfect for you! It started as the 'teenagers meeting', but then some of us started turning 20 so it got changed to 'young persons' :p. And it was started for that very reason - being able to relate to others in the group and having the same challenges.

OP, if you're getting something valuable from attending the meetings I say go for it too :).

Now that's a meeting I could have gotten behind!!