is longer better

Am 193 lbs and 5'7 i want to reach 170 by the late of may i have been doing 1 hour and 40 mins on the elliptical i was wonderibg if this is enough or too much to reach my goal and am also watching my calories and the way i eat.

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Giggity @ the title...

Where is the strength training? Less cardio more lifting.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    damia224 wrote: »
    Am 193 lbs and 5'7 i want to reach 170 by the late of may i have been doing 1 hour and 40 mins on the elliptical i was wonderibg if this is enough or too much to reach my goal and am also watching my calories and the way i eat.

23 pounds in a little more than a month? Unlikely - unrealistic.
  • lmcdonald1979
    lmcdonald1979 Posts: 24 Member
    Got to agree, you need to do less cardio and get some strength training in there! Also mix it up a bit!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    damia224 wrote: »

23 pounds in a little more than a month? Unlikely - unrealistic.

This too.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    You're looking to lose over four pounds a week? No. It's unhealthy.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    I'm a little concerned about your goal of losing 23 lbs in a month. I'm 5'7" and weigh about 175. I'll be lucky if I hit 170 by late May.
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Setting a goal of 23lbs is setting yourself up for disappointment. It's not IMPOSSIBLE, but it's highly unlikely. Mix strength training and moderate cardio, track your calories religiously, and set a reasonable goal of 1-2 pounds a week.