Setting a mini-goal

Options
Woud you mind sharing with me how you determine what your mini-goal is? In other words, if you set your mini goal for 5 pounds by X date, what time frame do you give yourself and how do you know you won't fail?

Replies

• Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I set goals, but I don't attach specific dates to them. It's a "just get it done" philosophy. My first goal is under 200lbs, and stay under, and I'm at 202 right now, so I'm getting close. My next goal is under 190, and so on.
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I usually dont have time sensitive goals. Right now my goal is a size. I want to fit comfortably in a size 12. But if I see myself getting closer to a specific amount of weight say 40 lbs then I will make it my goal. Right now I'm at 35 so I dont see 40 as really close but in a few weeks when Im down 38 lbs I might shoot for 40. I guess I like small mini goals.

Hope I didnt confuse you....I guess there are no rules
  • sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Every five pounds is a mini-goal for me. I don't attach a date to them either, as long as I get to it, I'll be happy with it! As for my final goal? 130. I'd like to be there by Christmas. =]
  • AquaAura
    AquaAura Posts: 105
    Options
    My next mini goal is to reach a loss of 10% of my starting weight almost there !! .. failure is not an option so I don't do a strict time frame I find the less I worry about the time frame and the more I concentrate on achieving it the faster it seems to happen :)

I've never made it to 10% in any of my past attempts so this is really exciting I've only got just under 1kg (2lbs) to go and I'm there :D .
  • mmulhern914
    mmulhern914 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies!! How sad is that all this time I never thought to just set a mini-goal without a time frame? I would always say I must lose X by X and then become completely upset and almost give up when I didnt make it! :happy: