Three victories! Happy Friday :)

Options
So I'm pretty excited about these three things, and I had to share it with someone (hah, everyone!).

1. Last night I attended a yoga class, which I have done every week for the last year, and I FINALLY felt like a flippin' rock star because not only did I keep up with everyone, but my form was also really good and I wasn't the sweaty mess that I usually am. It was like I'd magically gained strength and coordination and stamina.
2. I weighed in this morning, and I am officially within the healthy weight range gfor the first time in two years. Whoohoo!
3. My AU16 jeans are getting really baggy in the bum and look a bit silly, so it's almost time for a smaller size. Almost!

I'm going away with friends for the weekend which will present its own challenges, mostly in terms of eating and drinking, so wish me luck in making good choices (bottle of wine and poor snack choices to follow, anyone? :wink: ). On the bright side, there are a couple of short hikes planned which means that even if I'm not balancing the dietary damage, at least I'll be active.

Happy Friday, everyone, and enjoy your weekends! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Replies

• Panders40
    Panders40 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I went to Las Vegas with friends in March right in the middle of my commitment to lose weight since Jan 1st. I struggled, but tried to make healthier choices when we were dining out. I did drink alcohol. I also exercised 1 of the 3 days I was there. I did a workout the day before we left. I came home about 2 lbs heavier which would have been more had I not made the effort. Probably mostly water weight from the sodium that lives in most restaurant food. You will be ok. Just give yourself a little wiggle room, and try not to go crazy...then make yourself a promise to not feel guilty or bad because of your vacation time and get back to work when you get home! Good luck and great work.
  • overin2015
    overin2015 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the Yoga! That's awesome. Being in the healthy range must be so amazing! I am leaving on vacation too and wondered if strategies for this include setting calories to maintenance and then exercising while you are there. You know that way you can't technically gain. Even if the scale says you did it will be "mass" as my friends on MFP have told me and not fat. Then you can just wait for your body to flush the extra water weight in the days after you come back. Vacations happen and enjoying them without pressure is the key. You didn't get healthy not knowing what good portions are. You can instinctively know when you are overeating. Good luck and enjoy your vacation!
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    @Panders40 Wow, Vegas would be a huge challenge - it's all about the food and the cocktails there, so well done for only gaining 2lb! I did end up making mostly pretty good choices over the weekend (although I was spot on about that bottle of wine and the snacks to follow!), and came home 1.7kg (so, maybe 3lb??) heavier, but have lost 1kg overnight and hopefully the rest will follow. Feeling pretty good about the hike we did over the weekend, too :smile:

@overin2015 I like your strategy, and the same thing occurred to me over the weekend when I was tempted to beat myself up over the cooked breakfasts - even though I was going over, I was still under or close to my TDEE. It actually takes a LOT of overeating to truly gain fat, but like you said, the water weight piles on very easily and is a bit disheartening. And you're right, I'm getting better at realising when I'm overeating. That's an important life skill! :smiley:
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your victories. You'll be fine on vacation, even if you are bad, just make sure you get your focus when you return. have fun!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!