New to healthy eating!

Options
jayheyjay
jayheyjay Posts: 16 Member
Hey all :)
So this week I decided to start eating better. I used to be a very fussy eater (Only eating pizza chips and chicken and bacon) very picky. Couldn't even touch fruit and veg! the texture used to make me heave. Then this week i finally decided to give it all a go. I'm finding it quite okay, but can't seem to keep within all my targets. Like sugar for example. I'm trying so much new stuff (and healthy) and it's really interesting but hard to think of new ideas!

I am really struggling with cutting out fizzy drinks (diet pepsi) I've cut out alcohol and smoking and just can't give up on my fizzy drink. Anyone know of any substitutes that would be better than diet pepsi?

Also, i'm quite new to the exercising scene and am too scared to join a gym yet or go swimming. Anyone know of any at home activities I can do?

Thanks for the help and sorry for being a noob :)

Replies

• Stephanie3399
    Stephanie3399 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm going to add you! I can give you some good at home workouts to do and what not! :)
  • jayheyjay
    Options
    Hey! I'm going to add you! I can give you some good at home workouts to do and what not! :)
    That's brilliant thanks :)
  • jsobole
    jsobole Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Plenty of things you can do at home from online streaming workouts to DVDs! What types of exercise do you enjoy?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Seltzer water is excellent for the fizz!
  • jayheyjay
    Options
    jsobole wrote: »
    Plenty of things you can do at home from online streaming workouts to DVDs! What types of exercise do you enjoy?

I've never really been into exercise. I used to avoid PE in school like the plague haha! I have tried running before and I like running to my music it's quite peaceful in a way haha. But I don't want to always go running :(
  • jayheyjay
    Options
    I also can't seem to run for very long and get out of breath very easy! Maybe need more practice
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Run slower
  • capricorn2721
    capricorn2721 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you succeeded in "giving up" a lot of things - alcohol, smoking etc. All for the good. If the fizzy drink is your roadblock, maybe try gradually reducing the daily number of those drinks until you don't really crave them. The insidious thing about diet soda is that the more you drink it, the more you crave it. You could try sparkling water or seltzer water as a substitute. Jsobole is quite correct - there are many workouts you can do at home. And countless physical activities ... from the mundane (housework) to the sublime (your choice). If you enjoy music, you could just try moving to the music for a few minutes to start and work your way up. You just need to find what works for you - experiment with different things until you find something that "clicks".
  • loveurself21
    loveurself21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You have to breathe slow And easy. And maybe walk for a while before you run.