All green tea created equal?

Options
spatticus
spatticus Posts: 230 Member
Do some brands of green tea or types have more antioxidants/benefits than others? I don't love it but I've been trying to drink the recommended 2-3 cups a day. I want to make sure im getting all the benefits in the smallest amount since I don't want to drink a whole bunch of it. I don't have a lot of money so I was just gonna make the Lipton kind...is this a decent brand or should I spend more money? Thanks!

Replies

• BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think Lipton tea is cheap. Also, if you're buying to premade kind, they tend to add a lot of extra sugar (unless it's diet). I'd recommend finding a local international market and looking there. Often times the tea is much cheaper and in bulk. :) Oolong tea is also very good for you, but it's comparatively bitter.
  • spatticus
    Options
    Lipton makes green tea bags, I don't mean instant. I was drinking yogi but I make a big pitcher of iced tea at a time which takes at least 6 tea bags, too expensive!
  • spatticus
    Options
    Anybody else??
  • maria1993
    maria1993 Posts: 112
    Options
    As suggested above, try international markets.. Oriental markets are best. And well priced. in my area for example, a box of ginger green tea is about $2. Plain green tea is cheaper
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    To get the type of benefits that most people are seeking from green tea, you'd have to drink over a dozen cups per day. So drink it only because you like it if you aren't planning on drinking quarts of the stuff.

The Tazo Zen Green tea is pretty tasty. It's green tea with lemongrass and spearmint.
  • Jesse535
    Jesse535 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Usually loose leaf tea is better than bagged tea, but I always buy Good Earth Super Green Tea. It has more antioxidants than just regular green tea and it also has orange oil in it so it tastes pretty good. I don't like plain green tea myself but I love this. I find it in some of my local grocery stores and they have a website also.