To the lifters out there. What is the first song on your playlist?

Options
13»

Replies

• keithcw_the_first
    keithcw_the_first Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    This *kitten* right here; some nice grindcore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB9L1mII_KU
  • FromAshes2Beast
    FromAshes2Beast Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I don't have a "first song" on the play list- I mean I do- but it's whatever got synced last and how I arranged the list.

I usually will go to whatever song I have recently purcahsed.

This week is Big Bad Wolf by In This Moment (Thank you @MireyGal76)- great CD. Dirty Pretty- Sick Like Me- Sounds like she sampled a lot of Manson- even some Metallica. It's good if you like her stuff- and she's very polaraizing.

Also Janelle Monet's new song Yoga.
    GURL.

can't
    Even.

Adrenalize me is a good one. I have a lot- they all make me happy.

You are very welcome! Though props need to go out to my @BadAssBeast76... he's the one who set me on to them!

They're also first on my list, followed by some Avenged Sevenfold (This Means War, Nightmare, Welcome to the Family)

@mireygal76 You're very welcome, darlin. I love sharing awesome music with you.

For me, I usually start out with some 5FDP
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Blue Stahli - Give Me Everything You've Got
  • Cessamillion
    Cessamillion Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Electric PowWow by A Tribe Called Red
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Not a "lifter" here but I'm notoriously known to start my workout listening to Eminem - Lose Yourself.

;-)
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Don't you all get distracted listening to music while lifting? I can imagine e.g. doing bicep curls with music on, but I cannot even imagine adding the distraction of earphones to a squat. Am I just weird?
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i listen to cheezy slow music when i lift, It helps me stay calm and focused. I have a much better workout when i'm calm, my shakras aligned and in my zen , rather than amped out and jacked up.
  • DedRepublic
    DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    SonyaCele wrote: »
    i listen to cheezy slow music when i lift, It helps me stay calm and focused. I have a much better workout when i'm calm, my shakras aligned and in my zen , rather than amped out and jacked up.

Please give me an example of this music. Don't be shy...drop a few songs...may try this next time i do weighted dips.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Nickelback - Burn it to the Ground, or
    Pitbull - Fireball, or
    Britney Spears - Work B (pardon the expletive)
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    Don't you all get distracted listening to music while lifting? I can imagine e.g. doing bicep curls with music on, but I cannot even imagine adding the distraction of earphones to a squat. Am I just weird?
    Yup. :smiley:
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Can't lift with music... but my cardio is

But the first song on my play list is Krazy by Lil' John and Pit Bull
    Second song is 8-mile Eminem
  • lloon70
    lloon70 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    aces high- iron maiden
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Flo Rida! GDFR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hY6DAr7w38

I also listen to a lot of UK Grime, which most people on here have probably not heard of. Look up JME -- awesome and epic stuff!

• sbogstad
    sbogstad Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    neaneacc wrote: »
    Volbeat -- A Warrior's Call
    Mama said knock you out by five finger death punch. Or some avenged sevenfold or seether or something
    For me, I usually start out with some 5FDP

Finally a few people I can relate to on these "What do you listen to..." threads! FFDP and Volbeat are my two. My "warm up" song is typically "Lift Me Up" -ffdp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-2yuGgp_U8
  • nekoface
    nekoface Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Gimme Brains by Bratmobile.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Stone Temple Pilots - "Sex type thing"
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    not really- I can actually lift without it- I typically will take out my iPod to bench (I don't want to crush it doing the roll of shame- and it lives in my bra when I lift)...

and I tend to not hear music after I get under the bar and set up- I repeat a lot of music between sets because I missed it while I was lifting.

So not really. I actually don't prefer cardio with music- I like movies- or podcasts.