*sigh* having trouble

Options
i am having such a hard time reaching my net calories everyday....by the time i think about it (like today) its already late and almost bedtime...like for instance today i am still 235 calories away from my net calories being 1200...my net is only at 965 and its time for bed in an hour...should i eat something or just stay under?? *sigh* :grumble: my husband says to just stop working out but i told him that is not an option...i like to workout and i dont want to stop :noway:

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    try adding a few calories to each meal (maybe 100 each) throughout the day so that it's spaced out instead of having to eat a ton of calories late at night. Go into each meal knowing you're going to burn a certain amount later, and eat accordingly.
  • brooke_g0501
    brooke_g0501 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm under my 1200 cal. almost everyday. I dont eat if I dont feel like it and if I am hungry then I will eat. I dont pay much attention to the time of day. It seems to work for me. Tonight I had a low cal. dinner, so I had a lot of calories left. I ate 2 low fat cookies I had made, and still have almost 300 cal left. But I wont eat any more, because the cookies were enough for me! So I will be under for the night!
  • registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    If you're getting results, who cares what the numbers say???
  • CountryGrrrrl
    Options
    Here's my trick.... use the next day's diary to plan out exactly what you will eat for the next day!! That way, no surprises!! It has really really boosted my success! Good Luck :)
    Always looking to add friends, if you're interested
  • kdrumeler
    kdrumeler Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I just stick with my 1200 no matter how much I work out.

PS Love the HP reference :)
  • Brooke1542
    Brooke1542 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    If you find yourself being under on a regular basis, switch to full fat/calorie foods instead of light. You'll get your extra calories without having to eat extra food. If you are under once in a while, I wouldn't worry about eating the extra if you aren't hungry.
  • tmontgomery69
    tmontgomery69 Posts: 180
    Options
    I pre-plan my meals for the next day the night before and it helps TREMENDOUSLY! =)
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I agree with boosting the calories of the regular things you eat with higher calorie items. I had to do that this morning with my shake, because I knew I wasn't going to have a big lunch. So instead of just adding a tablespoon of peanut butter, I also added a banana. If it's so close to bed time & you don't want to actually eat anything, maybe try a glass of milk? I'd play around with a few things & see what works best for you.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid to add olive oil or natural fats to your diet. For example, with spaghetti tonight, you could have sauteed the mushrooms in a bit of olive oil and garlic. Adds calories and flavor. :flowerforyou: Add an extra TBSP of salad dressing to your salads. Snack on nuts. Have a glass of wine! :drinker:

And definitely plan ahead so you're not stuck with a huge amount to eat at night. It helps a lot!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    drink your calories...when I'm low I have 1 or 2 cups of almond chocolate milk.
  • turbogirl4christ
    Options
    I have the same issue. I just stick with my 1200 no matter how much I work out.

PS Love the HP reference :)

i'm actually involved in a harry potter weight loss challenge and was sorted into hufflepuff~ hence the hufflepuff crest :P yeah i know i'm a dork...lol
  • turbogirl4christ
    Options
    thanks sooooo much for all the great ideas! i really appreciate them alot!!! <3