Before and After...Down 65 lbs!

Options
I posted this on my Facebook page, but wanted to share over here in case I could inspire someone else!

About one year ago this week, I had a trial pass for a gym. I figured what the heck, I might as well try again. I had a consultation with a trainer, and since I loved lifting before, I thought I would give that a shot too. I was in a size 18, with low self-esteem & little confidence. I couldn't stand to be alone; I was so dependent on everyone around me to make me happy. What I didn't know was I had to make MYSELF happy.

What a difference a year can make.

I've been lifting, watching my calories/macros, doing cardio (grudgingly) for 365 days. I struggled (and still do). But I love every single second. I'm down 65 lbs, in a size 8, and smaller than I've ever been. Two sizes smaller than I was in high school, actually, even though technically I'm the same weight I was at my smallest. My body fat percentage is down 13% to the middle of the "ideal" range. My BMI is normal for the first time in 10 years.

The differences go way beyond the physical, though. My confidence is through the roof, I've made friends, and, honestly, feel like a entirely different woman that I did one year ago. I make friends much more easily, I feel like I can contribute in both work and social situations, and it makes such a difference in the way I'm treated by other people. It's worth every single workout. Am I done? Nope. I don't think you ever truly are. There's always another goal to hit, even if they aren't weight-related. But I am so, so incredibly happy now, and THAT is the difference.

BTW: I'm 5'10. In the first picture I'm somewhere between 235-240. In the last two pictures I'm at 170.

kel%20before%20after_zps7ruv7krq.jpg

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • Funship
    Funship Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    the only word I have is WOW.... You have done a fantastic job, and look awesome. Your year long journey, although very difficult, has certainly reaped you reward. Keep up the great work, thanks for posting.
  • KerryITD
    KerryITD Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    wow! you look tremendous and SO HAPPY.
  • sgfoster110
    sgfoster110 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am a long time runned and believe in being in shape. It does help your self esteem to have your body fit and in shape. I should say you look marvelous. I want to congradulate you on all your hard work. It defineately made a positive differecne in your appeance.
  • sweet_brownsugr
    sweet_brownsugr Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep it up!! You're inspiring me...I hope to be on this board posting my "success" story towards the end of this year!! You're doing great! :)
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    congrats that is great success
  • kelroberts21
    kelroberts21 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks, y'all! It's harder to post these pictures than I thought it would be, but I hope it will help others! And yes, I am so much happier than before. You'll definitely be posting your own success story!
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous!! Congratulations on your transformation AND your (well-deserved) newfound self esteem! You should be VERY proud.
  • deviboy1592
    deviboy1592 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Cheers!
  • schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bravo!!! You look fabulous and your story is so inspiring!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! Congrats all around!!
  • dinobomp
    dinobomp Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! You look incredibly healthy and happy. So happy for your success!!!
  • believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Your journey is about where I'm at now, to where I want to be. I've already lost a lot of weight, but seeing your transformation makes me so excited to see my own transformation. Congratulations!
  • AndiDurall
    AndiDurall Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • inkyonne
    inkyonne Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You look great and all your hard work shows~
  • starbucktigh
    starbucktigh Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You look fit, healthy, and happy!
  • LisaPrust
    LisaPrust Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    DELIGHTED for your brilliant success! Thaanks for sharing not only the pix but your thoughts on the journey as well...such a beautiful inspiration!!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Wow - you look amazing! Gorgeous dress btw! Great work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!