Struggling

Options
i keep losing and gaining the same 2 lbs. I'm getting very frustrated. Any advice or tips to help me break this cycle. I want to start losing again

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Eat less and/or exercise more.
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    What are you doing? How are you going about your weight loss?

This is the MFP site, so are you using it? Counting *all* your calories? Staying under your daily calorie limit?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're logging EVERYTHING accurately. If that means using food scales to ensure you're in a deficit (measuring cups are not accurate), then purchase one.
  • moniNC208
    moniNC208 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I use a food scale. I count calories and I log everything I eat. Minus yesterday and today. My frustration is getting the best of me and I don't want to go back to my old ways.
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Sometimes your body just needs time to adjust and suddenly - whoosh- it seems to lose 3lbs overnight....!

So, persevere and yes, all the above suggestions do apply.......
  • ngagne
    ngagne Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    As a woman, I think your cycle may play a role sometimes too. I weigh in once every 2 weeks - 1 weigh I "loss" 5-6 pounds (my goal is a pound/week at most) and then my following weigh-in I "gained" 3 pounds. The timing of these and how my cycle felt that month... I think it was some up-down due to that (and not an actual 5-6 pound weight loss in 2 weeks!).
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    How long have you been hovering round the same weight?
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring inches? Sometimes when the weight stalls, the inches shrink. That should motivate you. :smiley:
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    if u wanted to open your diary u could maybe get more detailed advice. and how long have u been stuck?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Eat less and/or exercise more.

This. It sounds like you need more of a calorie deficit.
  • TAG1219
    TAG1219 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Stryggling losing too . i lose 2 pounds and gain them back. The scale is not moving liek i w ould like it too.. i am still within 1300 and 1400 calorie intake . i exercise 5 days a week. Elliptical 30 minutes resistance between 30 and 45 (interval training and weightloss mode. ) i also walk same day on treadmill for 30 minutes high inlince -speed 3.8 . i also count my calories. Maybe i need to lay off the braed 2 slices a day wheat bread. since march 2 only lost 4 pounds, but inches slowly coming off. The elliptical machine reads 500 claories burned and treadmill about 300 calories burned. Sometimes i worK up a sweat .Sometimes i dont. can't figure out what im doing wrong?
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    TAG1219 wrote: »
    Stryggling losing too . i lose 2 pounds and gain them back. The scale is not moving liek i w ould like it too.. i am still within 1300 and 1400 calorie intake . i exercise 5 days a week. Elliptical 30 minutes resistance between 30 and 45 (interval training and weightloss mode. ) i also walk same day on treadmill for 30 minutes high inlince -speed 3.8 . i also count my calories. Maybe i need to lay off the braed 2 slices a day wheat bread. since march 2 only lost 4 pounds, but inches slowly coming off. The elliptical machine reads 500 claories burned and treadmill about 300 calories burned. Sometimes i worK up a sweat .Sometimes i dont. can't figure out what im doing wrong?

Machines lie. They wildly overestimate calorie burn.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    TAG1219 wrote: »

Well, the bread isn't what you're doing wrong! Doesn't matter what you eat as long as you're in a deficit. How long have you been struggling? Do you weigh everything? Do you eat back your exercise calories?
  • kbunn06
    kbunn06 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating?
    I know it sounds crazy but sometimes UPPING your calories SLOWLY will help boost your metabolism again. Try adding 100-200 every week until you reach 1500-1600. I've been eating between 1500 and 1700 and still losing. It's a great break from overworking myself and feeling like I'm starving.

If you have Facebook, look up Eat to Perform. They have great explanations of how to eat and exercise while still losing weight or maintaining.

Eat more carbs on days you lift weight to help give your body fuel and keep it from breaking down muscle. Up your protein to help build those muscles.

Don't be discouraged if the scale doesn't show a loss every day! Mine typically moves once a week. Slow losses tend to stick longer than quick ones! Just stay strong, keep on pushing! You've got this. :)