Hi, Im new and I need help

pinkdalmation
pinkdalmation Posts: 7
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi .. yeah well .. Im new here.

Just started working a couple of months ago meaning that I had to make a radical change to my lifestyle .. and before i knew it .. i gained almost 20 lbs.

Im small boned, not very tall and petite, 5'2" and weigh in at about 125lbs and for me ( i used to be 108lbs) is a massive weight gain. I work 12-12 shifts which doesn't leave any time nor place (i had to relocate due to work) to excercise so I dont know what to do to make the weight go. My work involves alot of sitting down in front of a laptop.

in desperate need of help, I loath the thought of going back home for vacation and every calling me fat. I also hate feeling heavy and not being able to fit into my clothes.

Replies

• Hi .. yeah well .. Im new here.

Just started working a couple of months ago meaning that I had to make a radical change to my lifestyle .. and before i knew it .. i gained almost 20 lbs.

Im small boned, not very tall and petite, 5'2" and weigh in at about 125lbs and for me ( i used to be 108lbs) is a massive weight gain. I work 12-12 shifts which doesn't leave any time nor place (i had to relocate due to work) to excercise so I dont know what to do to make the weight go. My work involves alot of sitting down in front of a laptop.

in desperate need of help, I loath the thought of going back home for vacation and every calling me fat. I also hate feeling heavy and not being able to fit into my clothes.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    125lbs is still considered healthy for this height. I am the same and I intend being aorund where you are now. I wouldn't say lose weight but try to maintain it and log your foods for a healthy daily food intake. Exercise for health's sake and not to lose weight. G'luck!
  • No worries! You made it to the right site...there are lots of great ideas here. You sound a bit stressed...so STOP IT! That will make you gain weight...

Welcome and have fun!
  • I am stressed. I just got back for a short vacation and EVERYONE I met went 'hey, you got fat'.

I know, Im not overweight but now Im chubby. My frame is small, so even though 125lbs is supposedly healthy, its chubby on me. And i'd like to get back to my old weight.
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Try to recreate your old lifestyle within your new lifestyle. Sit down, with a pen and paper, and really think about why you're eating more calories now than you used to. What are you doing differently? Are you eating different foods? Are you eating more often? First figure out what changed.

Then figure out what behaviors you can quit to move back to your old eating habits. What are you doing now that you can STOP doing without harming your work or your work relationships? Are there people who encourage you to eat more who you can avoid? Are there spots in your workplace that tempt you?

Finally, figure out what NEW behaviors you can start to get on the track to a healthier you. Can you use your break(s) to exercise? Can you plan more physically active weekends and vacations? Can you use your commute as a way to get exercise? Is there any place in your home or workplace that has exercise equipment? Maybe you could ask (fit) colleagues for advice on these matters.
  • ooh.. i think i need to clarify things.

I got an oilfield job - dont ask me why. Which means Im literally living on an oil rig offshore most of the time. Big change for me. I dont have much choice in what i get to eat, can I go for my usual running/swimming activities.

But now you pointed it out, yeah ... i think my colleagues are making me fat.
This discussion has been closed.