scale moving, pant size not

Options
2»

Replies

• Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    What I found is that while I sometimes pout, "I'm not shrinking... my pants still fit," or get annoyed when trying on new jeans in stores that don't fit, I'm not realizing that my jeans were uncomfortably tight when I started losing. And I was avoiding pants without any stretch to them. And changing into pajamas as soon as I could at the end of the day.

While I haven't lost enough to go down a full size yet, I do find myself pulling up my jeans every time I stand up. And the non-stretchy jeans I stopped wearing now fit comfortably. If I look at progress photos, I can see where I've lost weight and fat. It just hasn't been as much from my hips just yet.
  • bewarethedog
    bewarethedog Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It takes me about 10 pounds to go down a size, too. It is taking less the closer I get to my goal.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    So frustrating.....My scale is reflecting a loss but my jeans/pant size has not changed. This is so backwards...I figured if the scale didn't change, my pant size would atleast ...inches vs pounds.....Any ideas? Water weight? The scale is reflecting a 4-5 lb loss....

I wouldn't think 4-5 Lbs would make a difference in pant size.

For men it does. I lost a full inch every 10 pounds or so.

I'm not sure I understand...10 Lbs is more than 4-5 Lbs....I could see 10 Lbs making a small difference in size...she said she lost 4-5 Lbs and that's it...
  • angiemann2007
    angiemann2007 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm short so I woulda thought 4-5 lbs down would have atleast made them looser. But atleast it's moving I guess. Last summer when I dropped 15 lbs, my pant size went down 2 sizes but this time it's going a lot slower. Maybe it's my impatience. But I have been working out some so I guess I thought the pant size would change quicker.
  • angiemann2007
    Options
    And I'm going down in other areas. My shirts are looser, my bras are looser ( sorry couldn't think of a delicate way to say that) but pants? Just as tight....argh
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    The consensus seems to be that it takes at least 10-15 pounds to go down a pants size. Be patient!

I tend to have the opposite problem--I keep getting smaller, but the scale moves VERY slowly.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I have lost 15 lbs so far and I feel that I can wear 1 size smaller now... But I will wait until I can go down 2 sizes before I need a new pair of pants.
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40 lbs and I'm not even a full size down in jeans yet (constantly hiking pants up or severe muffin top? that is the question). you're losing weight and on the right path. don't be too hard on yourself!
  • angiemann2007
    Options
    Thanks for the help guys. I guess I just need more patience
  • kcaitbpaitw
    kcaitbpaitw Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've lost 35 lbs, went from 20 to a loose 16 in pants, but no change in shirt (size 22/24). Unfortunately it just comes off where it wants to!
  • Lady_Grell
    Lady_Grell Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've always been a bit hippy, so I didn't see a big change right away. I've lost 20lbs, but my pants have only gotten looser. I haven't really completely gone down a size yet. It's different for everyone. It's good just to know you have made steps in the right direction, even if it isn't completely obvious at first.
  • Hippychick5983
    Hippychick5983 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am down 11 lbs but my pants size is still the same. I can feel a difference in my butt and thigh area. That is loose. My waist not so much. Wish we could target areas to loose but sadly we can not. It will happen though. Keep up the great work!
  • littled1986
    littled1986 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've lost 23.5 pounds and am still not down a size. I imagine that I must have really squeezed myself into my pants before because now they're comfortable. It's kind of embarrassing to think back on, but I'm sure I'm not the only one.
  • meghanduprey
    meghanduprey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    It doesn't always fall off where you want it to, is how I've heard. I've still got a long way to go on my journey, but I'm looking forward to buying new pants in a smaller size! Good luck with your journey!

I agree. the first thing to go for me is my boobs. my butt won't go anywhere for ages.