In the 230s!

Options
OK 239.4, sprat naked. And it definitely went up after breakfast! But still, I have not been near this in decades. I have a way to go, but this was a HUGE mile marker for me! I'm stoked!

OK, self-glorification ended. Carry on.

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,652 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!
  • Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I started at 235 about 2.5 weeks ago. I haven't been consistent though so I've only lost about 5lbs so far..
  • greenlizard72
    greenlizard72 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Bearbo27 wrote: »
    I started at 235 about 2.5 weeks ago. I haven't been consistent though so I've only lost about 5lbs so far..

That's actually pretty good. My understanding is max target for weight loss should be 2 lbs a week. That's is what I average on the high end. I am not consistent in my logging either. I tend to eat the same foods throughout the week and rationalize that I don't need to weigh food/log calories. I am sure I would have had more loss if I had been more strict. So I will try to better, but I am not going to beat myself up over it. It's a long journey for me as I have 50-60 more pounds to lose. My current trend is in the right direction and it seems like yours is too!
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Yahooo! Way to go.
  • bluworld
    bluworld Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    OK 239.4, sprat naked. And it definitely went up after breakfast! But still, I have not been near this in decades. I have a way to go, but this was a HUGE mile marker for me! I'm stoked!

OK, self-glorification ended. Carry on.

Hey, me too (238). Congrats!

• greenlizard72
    Options
    bluworld wrote: »
    Hey, me too (238). Congrats!

Thanks! You too!

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • jamesvanheel
    jamesvanheel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Trying to stay in the 220's. Presently at 228. Goal is 218 by mid May. Been using this app for two years. Started at 300 lbs. Gained about 25 lbs of muscle. Stick to counting calories, this app works but you have to stay with it and keep cheat days down to a minimum. I do one cheat meal per week. And strength train, it speeds up the process.
  • Kaylinerst3663
    Kaylinerst3663 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    congrats!
  • greenlizard72
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Trying to stay in the 220's. Presently at 228. Goal is 218 by mid May. Been using this app for two years. Started at 300 lbs. Gained about 25 lbs of muscle. Stick to counting calories, this app works but you have to stay with it and keep cheat days down to a minimum. I do one cheat meal per week. And strength train, it speeds up the process.

Your words are very encouraging! I started around 265 a few months ago and plan to stick with it, well forever really. Although when I hit my goal, I hope to start building muscle. I started strength training, or let me say lifting with dumbbells at home, with consistency about 2 weeks ago. Is this what you mean when you say strength training, or do you mean more like 5X5 in the gym? I'm saving for a gym membership right now and am limited to my bowflex (oldie but a goodie),10-25lb dumbbells, recumbent bike and body weight. Pretty soon it will be warm enough to swim too, but that is cardio.

Any advice related to keeping/growing muscle would be appreciated. I keep reading that you can' build muscle while losing weight but I am losing weight and my muscles in my arms and neck are growing. My chest and belly are still covered in a thick layer of fat, so who knows there.

• MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I've been fighting so hard to try to get to the 230's, but Easter and a vacation kind of messed me up a bit. I've been hovering around 241 for the past few weeks.
  • greenlizard72
    Options
    Congrats. I've been fighting so hard to try to get to the 230's, but Easter and a vacation kind of messed me up a bit. I've been hovering around 241 for the past few weeks.

You can do it! I had a plateau myself prior to this last stretch of days, due to too many calories. I ran out of stevia and decided incorrectly that it was OK to use sugar until I went shopping several days later. I drink too much coffee for that to be a good idea.