Chicken and Cheese Chili Relleno!!!!! Only 250 calories!!!!!

Options
Fitmomtobe81
Fitmomtobe81 Posts: 19 Member
Chili Relleno for 1( Not fried nor breaded)

1 Chili Poblano- roast chili on open flame until toasted (basically burnt) then put chili in plastic bag and allow to sweat for about 30 minutes and then peel skin off. Also, make a slit on the side and remove all seeds.- 15 calories

1 chicken thigh with bone (boiled)- remove all meat and shred- 140 calories

1 oz of low-fat Monterey jack cheese- 80 calories

1 tomato

2 fresh Jalapenos- 15 calories for salsa.

Boil tomato and jalapenos until tender. Blend tomato, jalapenos, and 2 spoons of leftover water in blender. Make sure it's watery not too chunky and add salt to taste. Set to side

Once poblano process has been completed stuff with chicken and cheese. Close slit with toothpicks.

In a pot on the stove add salsa and carefully add relleno. Bring to a boil and then turn down flame to medium-low. Cook for about 15-20 mins. Enough time for cheese to melt and salsa to penetrate relleno.

1 Chicken and Cheese Chili Relleno- 250 calories

Enjoy!! I serve it over a 1/2 cup of Mexican rice and a spoonful of salsa. It's absolutely delicious!!!

Replies

• bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I HATE the peeling process but over all yes they are delicious I always pursuade my mom to make them except we dont put salsa on them, we dont add chicken we only stuff with chihuahua cheese and make them in a stew or eat them alone with rice n beans YUM!!

P.S. Just a thought if you want to try you can also make some either banana peppers or jalapeno peppers stuffed with cheese of your choice and dipped in bbq sauce preferrably grilled but baked are okay too. :smile:
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    hmmm i might try that! ty!
  • litljoy2001
    Options
    thanks im gonna try this tomorrow night
  • mnromero
    mnromero Posts: 9
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello. Tried this receipe and LOVED it! I used chicken breast instead (2oz - 60cals) and 1/4 cup of mexican cheese (monterey/chedder - 100 cals) and then made the salsa (15 cals) like you said. YUMM!!! Ended up being 200 cals instead of 250. Gonna make it a family favorite...and was so easy to make...Thanks for sharing!