900 calorie breakfast

Options

Replies

• Jenskiski
    Jenskiski Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm a pre-logger too. I know how many calories I want to eat and tweak portion sizes until I meet my goal.

I do, however, miss those huge 900+ calorie breakfasts! I've been at this (this time) since December and I think my highest calorie meal was about 700.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Not accidently, but on purpose on occasion.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Never accidentally.
  • txrn123
    txrn123 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat a higher cal breakfast on my work days. I'm a nurse and per fitbit I burn almost 3,000 cals on those days and my allowed cal intake can get up pretty high so I eat or snack every few hours at work otherwise I get home and midnight and have 500 or 600 cals "left". I really don't wanna eat that big that late. So I've changed my habits to have a higher caloric breakfast.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I load up at breakfast which is usually after a run. Bowl of oatmeal, Walnuts, chia seeds, fresh strawberries, fresh blueberries, almond milk topped off with a sliced banana. Lots of calories but healthy stuff. I eat fairly sparse the rest of the day but love a big breakfast.
  • jddnw
    jddnw Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I try to eat 2700 calories per day in 3 meals, so 900 is spot on for me. But sometimes I'm not that hungry in one sitting so I snack on almonds between meals. It's tough, but someone has to do it.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I just ate a piece of my coworkers homemade coconut cake. That is full of condensed milk. And whipped cream. And toasted coconut.

But I logged two. Because imma have another soon :)

I see one of those IF days coming up this week haha
  • silkribbonx
    silkribbonx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    jddnw wrote: »
    I try to eat 2700 calories per day in 3 meals, so 900 is spot on for me. But sometimes I'm not that hungry in one sitting so I snack on almonds between meals. It's tough, but someone has to do it.

oh wow that's impressive! what kind of stuff do you usually eat? i feel like i wouldn't even know where to start if i needed to eat that much

• chasu99
    chasu99 Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I had pork sausage/Kale quiche and a pork steak with whole wheat pasta for breakfast. 900 calories. Working out and eating a bowl of cheerios for lunch, then hitting about 400 calories for supper. I won't eat a thing except maybe a kale/apple/carrot smoothie after 7PM. Supper is normally 300-500 calories for me. I eat at least a bag of kale a week. 1800 calories a day max. Started on March 31 at 272#. Weighed 254 this morning.
  • PoundChaser2
    PoundChaser2 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    My breakroom serves muffins.

The most decadent, moist, beautiful chocolate muffins ive ever seen.

I ate a muffin for breakfast, thinking the whole muffin was 320 calories.

Turns out there are two servings in the muffin. So I accidently downed 740 calories before breakfast, in one muffin.

Oops.

lol, that is too funny !
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Not accidentally, no. Congrats, OP!

Also, has anyone noticed the glaringly empty diary, or just me...
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    srslybritt wrote: »
    Not accidentally, no. Congrats, OP!

Also, has anyone noticed the glaringly empty diary, or just me...

<gigglesnort>

• Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I also pre-log my meals. And I'm okay eating 900/1000/1200 on one meal because I don't use that amount of calories haphazardly. I make sure it's a good sized portion and 500% delicious. I also like to log my meals a few days at a time (to help avoid waste and make sure all fresh food is used) but also so that I can think well I fancy that but can't really fit it in, I can fast forward a day or two and I stick to my plan because I can see I'm going to have that other meal I fancy in a couple of days :)
  • arlojwiley
    arlojwiley Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I usually pre-log my meals, but sometimes you need to splurge, even if only for one meal. Recently, I was working a long shift at work and knew it was going to be a stressful day, so I stopped by the cafeteria and loaded up on bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, etc. etc. Before I knew it, I'd thrown together 1,000 calories. I didn't have time to exercise (I eat back my exercise calories), so I had to eat lightly the rest of the day, but it was worth it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    It's happened. Typically though at least a 900 calories breakfast would keep me full until 3pm or something (as long as I'm not PMSing, and that it's not just from pastries/croissants, then I'd be hungry 3 hours later).
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I actually try to make my breakfast 1000 calories (today was 3 eggs, biscuits and gravy, 2 sausage patties, and 100gr of pineapple). That's not a high calorie breakfast by any means for me.

Now Nutella and Banana Cream pancakes....that's a high calorie breakfast ;)
    E86741DF-B7DC-4AF1-A294-875E65BD3727.jpg
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I don't eat things that I don't know the calories of. Too many bad surprises. :( Maintenance is only 1400 so there's really no room for screwups for me.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Yes I made a smoothie for myself to replace a meal because it seemed like a good idea at the time (still is, I just know to add up the calories first now) Something in my head told me that since I made it from basic ingredients and it was liquid it wouldn't be a big deal and I drank it. When I went to log it later it was over 500 calories. O.o
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Yes I made a smoothie for myself to replace a meal because it seemed like a good idea at the time (still is, I just know to add up the calories first now) Something in my head told me that since I made it from basic ingredients and it was liquid it wouldn't be a big deal and I drank it. When I went to log it later it was over 500 calories. O.o

That's why I don't do smoothies anymore. You pretty much need to add stuff to make it good and in the end I would rather eat food for the calories.

I can't even see the pancakes on the picture above... lost in the cream and syrup somewhere lol.