going to the gym alone !!!

Options
13»

Replies

• TessaL221
    TessaL221 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym alone... I prefer going to the gym alone to working out at home alone. At least there you see other people with like-minded goals. I take a class, and you get to know people after a bit and then you really don't feel alone. I also love my mp3 player, as it keeps me company while I do the elliptical.
  • beckyann858
    beckyann858 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just joined a gym a couple weeks ago. I had been going to Curves for awhile before that, but that was really more of a social hour than anything, and all ladies to boot. So this was my first experience walking into a "real" gym and I TOTALLY understand where you're coming from! It took me a full week from the time I joined until I actually got up the nerve to walk in on my own and work out and sweat ALONE and in public! I was sick with dread! But within about ten minutes of being there, I realized that I was focusing on my workout and not really paying attention to anyone else, which led me to the realization that they were all probably doing the same thing! No one cared what I was up to and no one pointed and laughed. We're all there for the same reason--to improve our own health and fitness, not to worry about anyone else's. So go for it! Once you get through the door that first time, it just gets easier and easier! Good luck!!
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate.when i first joined the gym i could never workout alone because i felt like i was too big to be at the gym and nobody looked like me. I got to know the staff and now going alone is not that hard but i still do get nervous sometimes when it is crowded
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    The first time I went to the gym alone for me was very scary. I felt like the odd person but as I got to know people at the gym it became less scary.