Dark Chocolate --

Options
Let's talk dark chocolate. Would love to know your favorite brands and how you incorporate this delicious treat into your diet!

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Green & Black's and Endangered Species (I hate this brand name, but it has a good product) are 2 of my favorites.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Green & Black's, Lindt, Purdy's
    The great thing about dark chocolate is that a little goes a long way, so I have no problem fitting it in.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I like lindt, vosges, chuao...for starters. I like the 99% cacao lindt because it's low in calories, but helps me meet my fat macro. So much fun to be adding chocolate in my day to help me hit my goals. The bacon vosges is pretty awesome. And the calorie count on chuao is great for some reason, I also like their maple/bacon, and potato chip/chocolate bar.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Lindt 85%. Use it to hit macros too
  • arditarose
    Options
    jpaulie wrote: »
    Lindt 85%. Use it to hit macros too

Nice
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I love me some dark chocolate! 90 or 99% Lindt, Green and Blacks, or Ritter if I'm feeling mix ins.
  • arditarose
    Options
    mistikal13 wrote: »
    I love me some dark chocolate! 90 or 99% Lindt, Green and Blacks, or Ritter if I'm feeling mix ins.

You're the only other person I've seen on here who eats the 99% too. BTW, I weighed mine out the other day and found the packaging/nutrition facts to be very wrong on this one.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I'm cheap. I get the Choceur rich dark chocolate bars at Aldi.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

You're the only other person I've seen on here who eats the 99% too. BTW, I weighed mine out the other day and found the packaging/nutrition facts to be very wrong on this one.

I love the 99% when I have an intense craving. A bit hard to find at times but worth the effort.

• arditarose
    Options

I love the 99% when I have an intense craving. A bit hard to find at times but worth the effort.

Yeah, I like to dip it in coffee or tea and it gets so thick and melty. Fortunately they carry it at my little grocery store for some reason.
  • GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    Options

That's interesting. Maybe I'll weigh it next time!
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Lindt dark chocolate truffles are kept in my desk at work simply because I can eat just one and be satisfied. I also like the ghiardella dark chocolate with sea salt caramel.
    Found Hammonds dark chocolate made me pretty happy too but I'm not sure how easy that is to find.

I discovered dark chocolate balsamic vinegar and have been using that with my chipolte olive oil for roasting veggies.
  • arditarose
    Options

That's interesting. Maybe I'll weigh it next time!

It doesn't hurt to do once in awhile! My packaging was saying the whole bar had 40 grams, but there were definitely 50 grams. I have been eating the whole bar thinking it was 220 calories, but those 10 grams added quite a bit more calories.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Lindt dark chocolate truffles are kept in my desk at work simply because I can eat just one and be satisfied. I also like the ghiardella dark chocolate with sea salt caramel.
    Found Hammonds dark chocolate made me pretty happy too but I'm not sure how easy that is to find.

I discovered dark chocolate balsamic vinegar and have been using that with my chipolte olive oil for roasting veggies.

I've had the Hammonds malted milkshake and peanut butter bar. I like the serving the whole bar comes in, I can usually fit it into my day which is nice.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Lindt Excellence Extra Dark Chocolate 85% Cocoa
  • GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I just had one square of Ghirardelli Dark, one square of Moser Roth (Aldi) and one square of Lindt 90 percent. I thought the best tasting was Ghirardelli. I also love the Ghirardelli dark cherry, but it has a lot more sugar and no chocolate percentage listed, so it's a little hard to justify.

I noticed that the Lindt 90 percent is processed with Alkali, so that's a bit disappointing.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I like Trader Joe's dark chocolate... 19c4ba7011d545898f09bf67eea4ce39.jpg?itok=FK8c8MrD

and their 72% dark chocoalte bar too. Trader_Joes_Chocolate.jpg

The top one I'll eat about a fourth of the bar and the bottom one, I'll be satisfied with two pieces.

***Side question - anybody else eat the one on the top picture? Do you know how much the percentage is of that dark chocolate? I've always wondered.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I've become a huge fan of the Trader Joe's Chocolate Lovers 85%. I pick up several bars every time we go to the US. Otherwise, it's usually the Lindt 85%.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I like Trader Joe's dark chocolate... 19c4ba7011d545898f09bf67eea4ce39.jpg?itok=FK8c8MrD

and their 72% dark chocoalte bar too. Trader_Joes_Chocolate.jpg

The top one I'll eat about a fourth of the bar and the bottom one, I'll be satisfied with two pieces.

***Side question - anybody else eat the one on the top picture? Do you know how much the percentage is of that dark chocolate? I've always wondered.

I believe it's 54%.