I need buddies for Motivation and to stay focused!

Options
Hello everyone!

I created this account a few months ago to focus on my health but since not logged on. I am determined to get healthy! I need motivation and lots of advice on how to stay focused. I will be graduating from school in a couple of weeks and I decided that now is the time to focus on me.

You might as yourself why today? Well...a few weeks ago when I created this account I took body pictures as motivation to lose weight. After taking the pictures I did not look at them at all but stored them on my phone to print later. I avoid taking pictures! I always made up the excuse that I did not like them and now I know why. I could not look at myself...I have been overweight most of life, but today I am at my heaviest. 259.6 lbs. As I sent the pictures to my computer for printing, I never knew this is how I actually looked. This is what everyone else sees when they look at me! For all this time, I avoided taking pictures and even looking in the mirror so I did not have to see me. I know this sounds depressing but I am shocked. No wonder I am so tired!

I have decided to create a wall of motivation in my room to keep focused. I do not want to fail this time. I am tired of being tired! I want to live a long life and enjoy my career and family.

I am looking for buddies to keep each other focused and motivated!

Replies

• jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I did the same with the pictures, but my highest was almost 100 more than you. I was able to lose 80 and have remained at this weight for a few years. Getting any lower than this has been a REAL struggle.
    I've eliminated a bunch of stress from my life, husbands stress has lowered so I don't have to tiptoe around him anymore, and he's working out with me! I don't know if THIS will be what does it, but I've enjoyed MFP more than Weight Watchers, Medifast, Nutrisystem, and Atkins. I'm eating normal food. No guilt for not eating Points Free foods, a calorie is a calorie and it gets counted or I don't eat it.
    I'm pretty new (about three weeks) but at tomorrows weigh in, I'm expecting a total of 10 lbs lost!
    You can add me as a friend!
  • DeterminedAraceli
    DeterminedAraceli Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My husband has always been encouraging but I have not been motivated to lose the weight. That is great that your husband is working out with your :) . Great buddy system! I hope you weigh in goes great! I will go ahead and add you. Thank you!
  • CrystalTorres1
    CrystalTorres1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI im new on here ive been heavy since my first child when i was 21 i weight 215 my goal is 145 I been depressed because i have IBS so i dont go anywere to eat because im afraid i will have a accident so i overeating at home always feel like i have to finish my plate and get seconds because it taste so good. I just want some one to talk to and help me with my food problem i bought the 21 day fix but im confused on how use it corectly. I also had back surgery and have a pinched nerve in my neck from a slip disc so its hard to know what excerizes to do so i wont hurt my self thats also got me deppresssed. so I hope i find a friend on here to help me achive my goal.