Profile doesn't log weight loss.

Options
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I've been logging my calorie intake and recording my macro nutrients each day etc... while adding in exercise, water and weight. Now the graph under 'Progress' shows a negative correlation (Through weight loss), yet on my profile, it says '0lbs lost'? Any ideas?

Cheers

Replies

• adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I think that's a MFP glitch. For a long time my phone profile would not change from 14lbs lost! and I had really lost 35.
  • heyfathead
    heyfathead Posts: 6 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    n
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Is there an error in your starting weight? I'd look through your profile settings and make sure everything is accurate. If it's on the app, delete it and download it again. When I first started MFP, the mobile app crashed my entire phone operating system. I don't use it very much anymore.
  • TomPlum
    TomPlum Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    jaqcan wrote: »
    Is there an error in your starting weight? I'd look through your profile settings and make sure everything is accurate. If it's on the app, delete it and download it again. When I first started MFP, the mobile app crashed my entire phone operating system. I don't use it very much anymore.

My starting weight was correct and it calculated my daily calorie intake etc... Everything seems to right, except it saying I've lost nothing. Reinstalling the app could potentially fix it, but I don't wanna lose my current progress. Is data backed up to the cloud?
  • TomPlum
    Options
    adamitri wrote: »
    I think that's a MFP glitch. For a long time my phone profile would not change from 14lbs lost! and I had really lost 35.

Hmm seems strange. At least yours proves it can work, can't see any settings or options to edit on the profile. Just my current weight that affects the progress graph.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    You must use the Web version, not the mobile apps, to update your starting weight.

Navigate to APPS > Tickers > Update your weight data. Enter your desired starting weight and click Save Changes. That will update the oldest date/weight in your profile.

Alternately, navigate to MY HOME > Check-in > Edit Previous Entries.
    a. Enter a new value in the Starting Weight text box and click Change; or
    b. Scroll down and click on the highest page number to take you to the oldest date/weight entry. Once you find your oldest date/weight entry, under Add New Entry, enter the new date/weight and click Add New Entry. That will replace the oldest date/weight with your new one.
    c. If you want to keep all of your historical data, Add New Entry at least one day older than the oldest date/weight.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post, my weight loss has shown "0" even though I logged 2 lbs lost two weeks ago. I'm going to use my computer to record my starting weight now and see if it works.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Mine did this on the phone app for awhile, but it shows up on the computer.
  • TomPlum
    edited April 2015
    Options
    CyberTone wrote: »
    You must use the Web version, not the mobile apps, to update your starting weight.

Navigate to APPS > Tickers > Update your weight data. Enter your desired starting weight and click Save Changes. That will update the oldest date/weight in your profile.

Alternately, navigate to MY HOME > Check-in > Edit Previous Entries.
    a. Enter a new value in the Starting Weight text box and click Change; or
    b. Scroll down and click on the highest page number to take you to the oldest date/weight entry. Once you find your oldest date/weight entry, under Add New Entry, enter the new date/weight and click Add New Entry. That will replace the oldest date/weight with your new one.
    c. If you want to keep all of your historical data, Add New Entry at least one day older than the oldest date/weight.

Perfect! Worked straight away, I updated it via the browser version and it now shows my weight loss and what I have left to lose to reach my goal. It also updated on the mobile app.

Thanks